Information for parents and guardians

When your child enters college, some of your legal rights as a parent will change. Under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the legal right to access confidential educational records passes from you to your child. The only way PCC can release information to you is to have your child complete the “Consent to Release” form. However, this form does not give parents the ability to act as a proxy for students (registering them for classes, requesting transcripts, etc.). It also does not allow parents to contact instructors for information about class performance, attendance, or behavior.