Only classes receiving grades of A, B, C, D, or F are used to calculate your GPA.
- Four points for each credit of A
- Three points for each credit of B
- Two points for each credit of C
- One point for each credit of D
- Zero points for each credit of F
Total your points for these classes and divide this total by the number of credits in which A, B, C, D, and F are earned.
- Three credit class with a grade of A equals 12 points (3 credits x 4 points)
- Four credit class with a grade of B equals 12 points (4 credits x 3 points)
- Two credit class with a grade of C equals 4 points (2 credits x 2 points)
- One credit class with a grade of P equals 0 points and does not count in your GPA calculation
Total points earned equals 28. Divide the 28 points by nine credits, resulting in a 3.1 GPA.
Grades of P and NP, and marks of SC, NSC, I, W, X, CIP, CIPR, R, and AUD are not counted in your grade point average.