TRIO SSS open remotely during COVID-19
Reach us by phone, email, or video! Visit our Staff Profiles page to see our contact information.
We are always accepting applications for TRIO! Make sure to read below about our Services and how you can Qualify before you apply online.
Resources for students
- COVID-19 updates
- Check your MyPCC and PCC email for Announcements at least twice a week
- Visit the Virtual Help tab in MyPCC to find remote support options for PCC services.
- Financial assistance
- Support for remote/online learning
Fall 2020 Technology Needs Form
(All laptops have been distributed for Fall term 2020)
- Community resources list
TRIO Student Support Services:
- Personalized, ongoing academic advising
- Tuition-FREE College Success & Career Guidance (CG) courses (7 credits total)
- CG 111B: Study Skills (2cr)
- This class is full for Fall 2020!
- CG 105 + WR 105: College Writing for Scholarships (4cr)
- CG 114: Financial Survival (1cr)
- Students applying for TRIO as of 09/14/2020:
- Your first TRIO course will be CG 111B Study Skills in Winter 2021 (remote).
- Following Study Skills, students will take either CG 114 or CG+WR 105 the next quarter. The earliest return to classes held on campus would be Spring 2021.
- CG 111B: Study Skills (2cr)
- Dedicated TRIO Math and Writing tutoring
- Offered virtually while campuses are closed, through the PCC’s Academic Support centers
- Financial aid advising and advocacy
- Connections to resources, campus cultural events and student activities
- Assistance with university transfer process
- Referrals to college Counseling, Career Exploration, and Disability Services
- Scholarship search assistance
- Peer mentor opportunities
- Volunteer resources
- Available once we return to campus:
- The TRIO Corner, a space for studying, tutoring, access to computers and printing
- Local university visits and tours
Make TRIO part of your journey to academic success!
How are students eligible to join the TRIO Student Support Services Program?
Students who can join TRIO:
- Are eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid (such as Pell Grant and/or federal student loans)
- Plan to enroll at least half-time (6-8 credits), 3/4-time (9-11 cr), or full-time (12+ cr) per quarter at PCC; at least 18 cr per year
- Could attend some classes, appointments, and events on Cascade Campus (when campuses reopen)
- Are working on their first college degree (have earned HS diploma, GED®, or equivalent)
- Are still working on completing at least one of the following courses:
- Reading 90 or 115
- Writing 90 or 115
- Math 20 – 105/111
- ESOL 260 – 264 (Level 8)
They may also identify with being:
- A First-Generation college student (parent/guardian(s) do not have a Bachelors degree or higher)
- Registered with PCC Disability Services for accommodations for a documented disability
I want to apply!
If you are ready to become a TRIO student, please fill out our application. When you are finished, make sure to schedule your follow-up appointment.
You are welcome to talk with our Program Assistant, Liz Bernunzio, to ask questions about the Program and/or complete your application! If you would like to meet, please see her availability and schedule an appointment.
TRIO Staff are responding to communications via phone, voicemail and email during their regular office hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
We look forward to meeting you!