Make TRIO part of your journey to academic success!
TRIO SSS provides
- Personalized academic advising
- Tuition-free College Success & Career Guidance (CG) courses, 7 credits total
- CG 111B Study Skills (online course)
- CG 105 / WR 105 College Writing for Scholarships
- CG 114 Financial Survival
- Your first course with TRIO will be Study Skills, then College Writing for Scholarships or Financial Survival depending on which term it is. All three courses are required — and tuition-free!
- Connections to resources
- Math and writing tutoring
- The TRIO Corner, a space for studying, tutoring, access to computers & printing
- Financial aid advising and advocacy
- Scholarship search assistance
- Peer mentor opportunities
- Assistance with university transfer process
- Local university visits and tours
- Referrals to college counseling and disability services
- Connections to campus cultural events & student activities
- Volunteer resources
How are students eligible to join the TRIO Student Support Services Program?
Students who can join TRIO:
- Are eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid
- Plan to enroll in 9+ credits per quarter at PCC, except Summer
- Are in Good Academic & Financial Aid Standing w/ 2.0 GPA or higher
- Take most of their courses at Cascade Campus
- Are working on their first college degree (have already earned HS diploma/GED)
- Are still working on completing at least one of the following courses:
- Reading 90 or 115
- Writing 90 or 115
- Math 20 – 95/98
- ESOL 260 – 264 (Level 8)
They may also identify with being:
- A First-Generation college student (at least one parent/guardian does not have a Bachelors degree or higher)
- Registered with PCC Disability Services
I am interested in joining the Program! What’s next?
If you are ready to become a TRIO student, please fill out our application, which includes writing a Personal Statement at the end.
Note: The Personal Statement must be a certain length (at least 1500 characters), and it is a great idea to type your statement in Microsoft Word, or Google Docs, so that you do not risk losing what you have typed, and you can see how many characters you have so far!
You are welcome to sit down with our Program Assistant, Liz Bernunzio, to ask questions and talk about the Program more before you apply! If you would like to meet with her, please see her availability and schedule an appointment.
We look forward to meeting you!