Evaluation of Foreign Transcripts
To receive Portland Community College credit for courses taken in a foreign country, you need to have the transcripts and full course descriptions translated into English and evaluated. These Guidelines are also available in a PDF: PCC Foreign Transcript Evaluation Guidelines.
PCC will consider accepting credit for any of our certificates or associate's degrees (science, arts, applied science and general studies). Most credits accepted will be used as electives. If course descriptions are supplied and content is clear, the credit may be used to meet other requirements. All decisions made by the graduation office are final.
- Have your transcript(s) and course descriptions translated into English.
A fee (approx. $65+) is required for this service. (See list of local translation
- Then have your translated transcript(s) and course descriptions evaluated, following the appropriate instructions below:
Students in Dual Enrollment Programs
When you are admitted to one of PCC's Dual Enrollment Programs, your translated foreign transcripts are evaluated by the university.
- When you receive your transcript evaluation from the university, contact a PCC academic advisor or counselor to review the transcript and evaluation.
- The PCC academic advisor or counselor will forward copy of transcript evaluation to Student Records with a "Request for Unofficial Evaluation of Coursework" form. PCC will use the evaluation by the university only as a guideline for accepting credits at PCC.
Students in Other PCC Programs
If you're not in a Dual Enrollment program, you must have your foreign transcripts evaluated by a credential evaluation service.
- Send your translated transcript(s) and course descriptions to a credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (See information below.)
- A fee (approx. $120-$140) is required for this service. Be sure to request
a "course-by-course detail" evaluation. Also, remember to have an official
copy sent to:
Portland Community College
PO Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280-0990
- When you receive the transcript evaluation, ask a PCC academic advisor or counselor to review the transcript and evaluation.
- The PCC academic advisor or counselor will then send a "Request for Unofficial Evaluation of Coursework" form to Student Records.
- CTS Language Link
- 911 Main Street, Suite 300, Vancouver, WA 98660
Phone: 360-433-0422, Fax: (360) 693-9292, Email: email@example.com
- Telelanguage, Inc.
- 514 SW 6th Avenue, 4th Floor | Portland, OR 97204
Phone: 503-535-2178, Contact: Jen Nimon-Toki, Email: Translations@Telelanguage.net
- International House
- 155 B Avenue #220, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
Phone: 503-675-7700, Fax: (503) 675-7701, Contact: Director: Linda Galas
Credential Evaluation Services
You can choose from a list of 15 credential evaluation services and request an application by visiting the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Click on Current Members for a listing of service providers.
Below is a list of several credential evaluation services. Contact one of them to request an application. Remember, you need to request a course by course evaluation. When you receive the transcript evaluation , talk to a PCC academic advisor or counselor for additional help.
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
- P.O. Box 3665, Culver City, CA 90231
Phone: 310-258-9451, Fax: 310-342-7086, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foundation for International Services, Inc.(FIS)
505 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 101 Edmonds, WA 98020
Phone: 425-248-2255, Fax: 425-248-2262, email@example.com
- Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc.
- 601 University Ave, Suite 127, Sacramento, CA 95825
Phone: 916-921-0790, Fax: 916-921-0793, firstname.lastname@example.org