We use this section to highlight events that are pertinent to a college-wide audience. We rotate through events from all campuses, and about a variety of topics. Each item points to its listing in the PCC event calendar or event page.
- Events are not:
- Limited to a specific audience
- For events that aren’t open to the public
- Events with a prolonged duration, like an entire term
- Stylesheet location:
- The Web Team adds events to the page manually.
- Choose events that are at least a week in the future so we don’t have to update the section mid-week
- Titles should preferably fit on one line – include the campus as part of the title (e.g. SE – Event Title), or leave off the location if there are multiple
- If the event runs for more than one day, include the full span (e.g. April 12-14)
- Two events:
<h4>Events</h4> <ul data-equalizer> <li><a href="" target="_blank"> <div data-equalizer-watch class="item"> Campus abbreviation – Title <br> <span>Month day</span> </div> </a></li> <li>(repeat)</li> </ul> <a class="more" href="/about/calendars/>more events...</a>
- One event:
<h4>Events</h4> <ul> <li class="full"><a href="" target="_blank"> <div class="item"> Campus abbreviation – Title <br> <span>Month day</span> </div> </a></li> </ul> <a class="more" href="/about/calendars/>more events...</a>
There can be one or two events, or we can remove the section if there are no events to show. A “more events” link directs readers to the PCC event calendar. Each event includes the abbreviated campus location (or no location if it’s at multiple campuses), a short title, and the event date. We don’t include the time.
The items display in two columns on large screens, and stack into a single column on small screens.