Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College


Welcome student veterans! We have an active veterans community that can help you adjust to college life.

Veterans Benefits

iconVeterans Education Benefits Office
For certification or to learn about veterans educational benefits, contact the Veterans Education Benefits Office. We help veterans use their benefits to support their college expenses.

Veterans Resource Centers

Service update

Fall Term 2021: The Veterans Resource Centers are working remotely, but are still here to support you! Contact info for each campus is listed below, visit us via Zoom in our Virtual Help Desk, or email us at vrchelpdesk@pcc.edu

Veterans Resource Center Virtual Help Desk: Open Monday through Thursday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM       Zoom link

  • Current Students: Just log into your MyPCC account and find us through the Virtual Help tab, or click the link: https://my.pcc.edu/web/home-community/help   Students and/or Staff will be there to assist you.
  • If you aren’t currently a student, please email vrchelpdesk@pcc.edu or contact us through any of the 4 centers listed below.

iconCascade VRC
We create a safe and friendly space where veterans can talk with other veterans, students and advocates.
iconRock Creek VRC
A place to unwind, connect with your peers, check out the community bulletin board, and drink free coffee with fellow student veterans.
iconSoutheast VRC
The Southeast Campus Veterans Resource Center is located in Mt. Tabor Hall, Room 120.
 Sylvania VRC
The Sylvania Veterans Resource Center is located in the CC building Room 226.

More PCC resources for veterans

iconReservists and Guard Members
We have staff that can help you explore your funding options and academic goals.
iconDisability Services
Student veterans who experience disability are eligible for accommodation. In addition, all students – regardless of disability status – are eligible for technology training.
PCC Panther Works iconPCC Panther Works
Find an job or internship, choose a career, get job coaching, and more for PCC students.

Community resources for veterans

iconReturning Veterans Project
Free counseling and other health services for returning veterans and their families. Not affiliated with the VA. Completely anonymous.
iconPortland Vet Center
Family and individual support services: 503-688-5361.
iconClackamas County Veterans Service Office
503-650-5631, veterans@co.clackamas.or.us
iconMultnomah County Veterans Services Office
503-988-8387, veteran.services@multco.us, online referral form
iconWashington County Veterans Services Office
503-846-3060, davsinfo@co.washington.or.us
iconYamhill County Veterans Services Office

Government resources for veterans

Department of Veterans Affairs
For information on benefits available to veterans, call 1-800-827-1000.

VA Education Office
To check on the status of a payment or update your direct deposit information, call 1-888-442-4551.
Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards
Part of Veterans Affairs. Improves veterans’ health through prevention and treatment, outreach, surveillance and focusing on special populations, including women veterans, veterans with HIV/AIDS, veterans with hepatitis C, and veterans exposed to hazardous materials during military service. Contains information about illnesses related to the Gulf War.
To obtain copies of your DD 214.
Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)
Oregon National Guard
Post Deployment Assistance – 1-888-688-2264 or 503-584-2391.
Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
Includes a lot of information for Oregon veterans, including services offered by ODVA.
Work-Study Allowance Program
If you’re a full-time or three-quarters-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can “earn while you learn” with a VA work-study allowance.