Welcome student veterans! We have an active veterans community that can help you adjust to college life.
- Veterans Education Benefits Office
- For certification or to learn about veterans educational benefits, contact the Veterans Education Benefits Office. We help veterans use their benefits to support their college expenses.
Veterans Resource Centers
- Cascade VRC
- We create a safe and friendly space where veterans can talk with other veterans, students and advocates.
- Rock Creek VRC
- A place to unwind, connect with your peers, check out the community bulletin board, and drink free coffee with fellow student veterans.
- Southeast VRC
- The Southeast Veterans Resource Center is in Mt. Tabor 120.
- Sylvania VRC
- We bridge the gap between student veterans and the resources they need for a successful transition to higher education.
More PCC resources for veterans
- Reservists and Guard Members
- We have staff that can help you explore your funding options and academic goals.
- Disability Services
- Student veterans who experience disability are eligible for accommodation. In addition, all students – regardless of disability status – are eligible for technology training.
- LITE listeners
- Want to talk with someone about an experience you had at a PCC location? LITE listeners offer compassion, help you with problem-solving, and connect you with support resources.
- PCC Panther Works
- Find an job or internship, choose a career, get job coaching, and more for PCC students.
Community resources for veterans
- Returning Veterans Project
- Free counseling and other health services for returning veterans and their families. Not affiliated with the VA. Completely anonymous.
- Portland Vet Center
- Family and individual support services: 503-688-5361.
- Clackamas County Veterans Service Office
- 503-650-5631, email@example.com
- Multnomah County Veterans Services Office
- 503-988-8387, firstname.lastname@example.org, online referral form
- Washington County Veterans Services Office
- 503-846-3060, email@example.com
- Yamhill County Veterans Services Office
Government resources for veterans
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- For information on benefits available to veterans, call 1-800-827-1000.
- VA Education Office
- To check on the status of a payment or update your direct deposit information, call 1-888-442-4551.
- Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards
- Part of Veterans Affairs. Improves veterans’ health through prevention and treatment, outreach, surveillance and focusing on special populations, including women veterans, veterans with HIV/AIDS, veterans with hepatitis C, and veterans exposed to hazardous materials during military service. Contains information about illnesses related to the Gulf War.
- To obtain copies of your DD 214.
- Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)
- Oregon National Guard
- Post Deployment Assistance – 1-888-688-2264 or 503-584-2391.
- Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
- Includes a lot of information for Oregon veterans, including services offered by ODVA.
- Work-Study Allowance Program
- If you’re a full-time or three-quarters-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can “earn while you learn” with a VA work-study allowance.