Welcome student veterans! We have an active veterans community that can help you adjust to college life.
- Veterans Education Benefits Office
- For certification or to learn about veterans educational benefits, contact the Veterans Education Benefits Office. We help veterans use their benefits to support their college expenses.
Veterans Resource Centers
During the current crisis to maintain social distancing standards we are working remotely, but we are open virtually.
Virtual Veterans Resource Center: Open Monday through Thursday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Current Students: Just log into your MyPCC account and find us through the Virtual Help tab, or click the link: https://my.pcc.edu/web/home-community/help Students and/or Staff will be there to assist you.
- If you aren’t currently a student, please get in touch via phone or email through any of the 4 centers listed below.
- Cascade VRC
- We create a safe and friendly space where veterans can talk with other veterans, students and advocates.
- Rock Creek VRC
- A place to unwind, connect with your peers, check out the community bulletin board, and drink free coffee with fellow student veterans.
- Southeast VRC
- The Southeast Campus Veterans Resource Center is located in Mt. Tabor Hall, Room 120.
- Sylvania VRC
- The Sylvania Veterans Resource Center is located in the CC building Room 226.
More PCC resources for veterans
- Reservists and Guard Members
- We have staff that can help you explore your funding options and academic goals.
- Disability Services
- Student veterans who experience disability are eligible for accommodation. In addition, all students – regardless of disability status – are eligible for technology training.
- PCC Panther Works
- Find an job or internship, choose a career, get job coaching, and more for PCC students.
Community resources for veterans
- Returning Veterans Project
- Free counseling and other health services for returning veterans and their families. Not affiliated with the VA. Completely anonymous.
- Portland Vet Center
- Family and individual support services: 503-688-5361.
- Clackamas County Veterans Service Office
- 503-650-5631, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multnomah County Veterans Services Office
- 503-988-8387, email@example.com, online referral form
- Washington County Veterans Services Office
- 503-846-3060, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yamhill County Veterans Services Office
Government resources for veterans
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- For information on benefits available to veterans, call 1-800-827-1000.
- VA Education Office
- To check on the status of a payment or update your direct deposit information, call 1-888-442-4551.
- Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards
- Part of Veterans Affairs. Improves veterans’ health through prevention and treatment, outreach, surveillance and focusing on special populations, including women veterans, veterans with HIV/AIDS, veterans with hepatitis C, and veterans exposed to hazardous materials during military service. Contains information about illnesses related to the Gulf War.
- To obtain copies of your DD 214.
- Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)
- Oregon National Guard
- Post Deployment Assistance – 1-888-688-2264 or 503-584-2391.
- Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
- Includes a lot of information for Oregon veterans, including services offered by ODVA.
- Work-Study Allowance Program
- If you’re a full-time or three-quarters-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can “earn while you learn” with a VA work-study allowance.