Welcome student veterans! We have an active veterans community that can help you adjust to college life.
- Veterans Education Benefits Office
- For certification or to learn about veterans educational benefits, contact the Veterans Education Benefits Office. We help veterans use their benefits to support their college expenses.
Veterans Resource Centers
- Cascade VRC
- We create a safe and friendly space where veterans can talk with other veterans, students and advocates.
- Rock Creek VRC
- A place to unwind, connect with your peers, check out the community bulletin board, and drink free coffee with fellow student veterans.
- Southeast VRC
- The Southeast Veterans Resource Center is in Mt. Tabor 120.
- Sylvania VRC
- We bridge the gap between student veterans and the resources they need for a successful transition to higher education.
More PCC resources for veterans
- Disability Services
- Student veterans who experience disability are eligible for accommodation. In addition, all students – regardless of disability status – are eligible for technology training.
- LITE listeners
- Want to talk with someone about an experience you had at a PCC location? LITE listeners offer compassion, help you with problem-solving, and connect you with support resources.
- Veterans Library Resources
- A page highlighting some of the books, videos, magazine articles, and other materials we have at the library, both for veterans and for staff and teachers working with veterans.
Community resources for veterans
- Returning Veterans Project
- Free counseling and other health services for returning veterans and their families. Not affiliated with the VA. Completely anonymous.
- Portland Vet Center
- Family and individual support services: 503-688-5361.
- Clackamas County Veterans Service Office
- 503-650-5631, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multnomah County Veterans Services Office
- 503-988-8387, email@example.com, online referral form
- Washington County Veterans Services Office
- 503-846-3060, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yamhill County Veterans Services Office
Government resources for veterans
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- For information on benefits available to veterans, call 1-800-827-1000.
- VA Education Office
- To check on the status of a payment or update your direct deposit information, call 1-888-442-4551.
- Office of Public Health and Environmental Hazards
- Part of Veterans Affairs. Improves veterans’ health through prevention and treatment, outreach, surveillance and focusing on special populations, including women veterans, veterans with HIV/AIDS, veterans with hepatitis C, and veterans exposed to hazardous materials during military service. Contains information about illnesses related to the Gulf War.
- To obtain copies of your DD 214.
- Portland VA Medical Center (PVAMC)
- Oregon National Guard
- Post Deployment Assistance – 1-888-688-2264 or 503-584-2391.
- Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs
- Includes a lot of information for Oregon veterans, including services offered by ODVA.
- Work-Study Allowance Program
- If you’re a full-time or three-quarters-time student in a college degree program, or a vocational or professional program, you can “earn while you learn” with a VA work-study allowance.