Veterans Affairs Work Study
VRCs are hiring! (October 2023)
Southeast VRC is hiring VA Work Studies!
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and state:
- Desired VRC work site
- Why you would like to work at the VRC
- What benefit you are utilizing
- A VRC staff member will reply requesting to:
- Review the job description or position for that specific campus
- Fill out a VA Form 22-8691
- Hand in a brief resume or answer a quick questionnaire
- Go through an interview process
- Follow up by email with any questions or need for clarification
What is Veterans Affairs (VA) Work Study at PCC?
The VA Work Study is a unique form of financial assistance that is made available to qualifying students. The program is designed as an opportunity to help students reach their educational goals while enrolled at Portland Community College. VA work-study is intended to be a learning experience. It exists to provide employment opportunities for eligible students and to help finance their college education.
Am I eligible to take part in the Veterans work-study program?
- Minimum VA qualifications to apply:
- Must be able to work in-person at the Veterans Resource Center
- Applicant must be a PCC student attending courses and certified at least three-quarter- time enrollment with one of the following benefits:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill® Chapter 30)
- REAP Participants
- Montgomery GI Bill®-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- (Note: Dependents who qualify under Chapter 35 may use work study only while enrolled at a school in one of the 50 states.)
- National Call to Service Participants
- Vocational Readiness & Employment Program (VR&E or Chapter 31)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at benefits.va.gov/gibill.