- A program where you earn academic credit by working at a job
- The best way to gain work experience when you don't have any
Do you want to explore jobs related to your major? Gain on-the-job knowledge and technical skills? Build a resume with relevant work experience? Then you want to do an internship!
Listen to these stats:
- 81% of employers expect students to have done an internship
- 40% of interns are hired on full-time
- Employers put more weight on experience – especially internships – than on academic credentials when evaluating a recent graduate
Even if you're taking classes remotely, you can still gain tangible work experience in your field of study. Learn about virtual co-op guidelines.
How to set up an internship
Setting up an internship requires a little extra initiative on your part, but don't worry – students just like you do this every term!
Talk to a specialist
to learn requirements for internships in your program: see intern specialists.
Find job sites
that offer experience related to your career goals. See how to find sites.
Do the work
complete assignments, seminars, and check-ins. See more on grading.
Read more about how to get started »
Who can do an internship?
Any credit student at PCC! We encourage all students to complete at least one internship as part of their program. Better yet: multiple internships!
- Technical degree students
- There is a large possibility your program wants you to do an internship. It may be required or optional, either way, it’s a great way to gain experience, make connections and practice what you learned in class.
- University transfer students
- Transferring to a 4 year college? You can earn credit and gain work experience related to your degree.
- International students
- Some international students want the opportunity to get work experience in the United States. If you meet the correct criteria this could be an option for you.
We have offices at every campus to help with internships! See all staff »
Contact us to discover career paths, scholarships, jobs, and internships.
SSB 104 | 971-722-5600
Bldg 9, 119 | 971-722-7644
Tabor 147 | 971-722-6036
Jobs and Internships
CC 213 | 971-722-4710