Most students can register beginning about 6 weeks before the start of the term. You can register up to the first day of class. We use priority registration: the more credits you've earned, the earlier you can register. This helps students graduate on time by giving them the opportunity to enroll in required classes that fill up quickly.
How priority registration works
- Students who were enrolled in credit classes the previous term can register earlier. The exception is fall term: for earlier fall registration, you must have been enrolled the previous spring.
- Registration priority is based on credits: the more credits you've earned at PCC, the earlier you can register. Transfer credits and credits in progress are not included.
- Students who have declared a degree can register earlier than undeclared students.
About two weeks before registration begins, you'll get your priority registration group and date in your PCC email. You can also see your registration dates by clicking See when (and if) you can register on the MyPCC Home tab.
|Registration group||Registration begins on...|
|Veterans group veterans, active duty military, and students using VA education benefits at PCC||Friday, May 14, 7am|
|Group 1 students with more than 80 credits||Monday, May 17, 7am|
|Group 2 students with 56 - 80 credits||Monday, May 17, 11am|
|Group 3 students with 41 - 55 credits
||Monday, May 17, 2pm|
|Group 4 students with 26 - 40 credits||Tuesday, May 18, 7am|
|Group 5 students with 16 - 25 credits||Tuesday, May 18, 11am|
|Group 6 students with 11 - 15 credits||Tuesday, May 18, 2pm|
|Group 7 students with 6 - 10 credits||Wednesday, May 19, 7am|
|Group 8 students with 0 - 5 credits||Wednesday, May 19, 11am|
|Group 9 students not enrolled in previous term||Thursday, May 20, 7am|
|Group 10 undeclared degree students||Tuesday, May 25, 7am|
|Group 11 ABE and non-credit ESOL students||Wednesday, May 26, 5am|
|Group 11 Community Education and
Continuing Education students
|Wednesday, May 26, 5am|
Fall registration dates are being finalized and will be posted as soon as they are available. Please check back soon!
Registering after a class has started
To register on or after the first day of class, you need to get instructor permission and register before the late registration deadline.
Late registration deadline
For 8-12 week classes, the late registration deadline is the second Tuesday of the term. For short-term classes, which have earlier deadlines, it is two business days after the drop deadline for the class. You cannot register for a class after the deadline.
How to request permission for late registration
- Find your class in the schedule and email your instructor (instructions below). Ask the instructor if there is availability in the class. If they agree, have the instructor complete a registration override in MyPCC using your G number.
- Once the instructor has completed the override, you'll get an email saying you can register for the class. (You can check your override status by clicking See when (and if) you can register on the MyPCC Home tab).
- Register for the class in MyPCC by the late registration deadline. The override itself does not register you for the class.
- Heads up: the late registration deadline is after the drop deadline, so be sure you really want this class – you won't be able to drop it.
How to find your instructor's email address
- Go to the class schedule, select the term, enter your class's CRN in the keywords box, and click "Show Me Classes".
- Click your instructor's name. This will take you to the Staff Directory where you can see the instructor's email and other contact information.