Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College

Step 3: Register for classes

Registration is required to earn college credits for taking a PCC Dual Credit class at your high school.

Before you can register, you need to know the five-digit course reference number (CRN) for that class. CRNs are sent to your high school’s Dual Credit instructors before registration opens.

Registration policies

When you start the online registration process, make sure to carefully check all your information in MyPCC. Verify that the information you are about to enter is the same as what was provided by your high school instructor.

You are the one responsible for the accuracy of registering for your classes and tuition and fees if you register for the wrong course.

Grading policies

There are classes that by default use the Pass/No Pass grading option. For certain classes, you can change the grading option to a letter grade. Instructions on how to change the grading option are available on the grading options website.

Changes to the grading option must be made by the deadline for each term. Deadlines can be found on the Dual Credit academic calendar.

Current Dual Credit classes that use Pass/No Pass are listed below. These courses can’t be changed to a letter grade.

  • ENGR 100 – Exploring Engineering


You are expected to attend all the classes you’re enrolled in. If you don’t attend (or stop attending) a class and fail to drop the course on time (refer to the Dual Credit academic calendar), you will be responsible for the grade reported on your PCC transcript.

If you have excessive absences and fail to drop or withdraw from a class by the deadline, a grade of F may be assigned by your instructor.

Log in to MyPCC to register angle right

Additional help

Contact the dualcredit@pcc.edu or view our registration instructions:

Registration instructions

Download these registration steps.

  1. Screenshot of the MyPCC my courses tab, with the my courses tab and the register for classes link circledLog in to MyPCC
  2. Access the registration page
    • From the My Courses tab, click on Register for classes.
  3. Access the add or drop classes page
    • Click on Add or Drop Classes.
  4. Select the term
    • Select the appropriate term (refer to the CRN you are registering for provided by your teacher or see the list of participating high schools.)
    • Year-long, 2nd-semester, or 3rd-trimester classes: select Spring. 1st-semester or 2nd-trimester classes: select Winter. 1st-trimester classes: select Fall.
    • Don’t select a term that is out further than the term you want to register for. For example: If you select Spring, then you may not be able to register for a Winter CRN.
    • CRN stands for Course Reference Number and is a unique 5-digit number assigned to each PCC course that you will use to register.
    • Registration is available only during your specified registration window. You can see when you can register in MyPCC.
  5. Enter your CRNs
    Screenshot of the CRN entry screen

    • Enter the Dual Credit CRN or CRNs you wish to register for. See the list of current CRNs.
    • It’s very important that you enter the correct CRN – double check! You are responsible for tuition and fees if you register for the wrong course.
    • Be sure to click on Submit Changes to complete your registration.
  6. Verify your registration
    • In the upper right-hand corner, click on Return to home tab, then return to the My Courses tab.
    • Verify that the correct course with your high school instructor is listed under Courses I’m Attending.
    • If you don’t see your PCC course listed, it means you aren’t registered for the course. You’ll need to complete the registration process again.
    • If you don’t see your high school instructor’s name, it means you registered for the wrong course. You’ll need to drop the incorrect class, and complete the registration process again for the correct course.