The PCC Dual Credit program offers local high school students the opportunity to earn college and high school credit simultaneously while still in high school. Dual credit classes are regular PCC classes but taught at a high school by an approved high school instructor.
Benefits of the program are:
- There is no tuition or fees associated with the Dual Credit program. This means you get a huge savings on your college credit, saving you both money and time
- Enhance your ability to do college-level work and gain confidence for college success
- You can earn enough credit to enter college at a higher level and can register for classes earlier (how priority registration works)
- PCC credits are transferable to all public colleges and universities within the Oregon university system and most other institutions outside the state. It’s always important to check with the college or university you plan on attending to know how these credits will be applied (how does credit transfer)
- If you’re entering the military, you may earn a higher rank with college credit
- Get a PCC student ID card, use of PCC’s library, and online tutoring services (see all student resources)
- Research shows dual credit students are more likely to finish college and advance more quickly
High school students
Get started with PCC Dual Credit – apply for admission and register.
High school faculty
Want to teach dual credit classes at your high school? Here’s how to get started.