Swim with Community Ed
firstname.lastname@example.org | 971-722-7946
PCC's Swim with Community Ed program offers lessons for all ages, from babies to adults. Students learn swim strokes and water safety in a safe, clean environment and with a low student-to-teacher ratio: 1 to 4. Our experienced instructors teach the American Red Cross swim curriculum and give personalized attention to each student. All students will be grouped with others of similar skill level at the first class.
The prerequisite for each level is the successful completion and/or demonstration of the skills from the preceding level. There is no prerequisite for level one.
Classes are held in the pool in the HT building on the Sylvania Campus. You must purchase a 2-hour parking pass for $2.00 at one of the yellow PCC parking kiosks. Then you can park in any lot. Lot #12 on H Street is closest to the HT building. Parking is free at PCC on Saturdays.
Choosing a level
Use the guide below to assist in choosing the appropriate level for your child. If you go to the first class session and find that it's not an appropriate match, we will help you assess the placement and offer to transfer your child to a different level class where there is an available opening.
- For first time swimmers and those with very limited swimming experience
- Students become accustomed to being in the water and putting their face in the water
- Students become more comfortable in the water and learn water safety
- Students are introduced to fundamental aquatic skills, such as kicking, coordinating arm and leg movements, and stroke development
- Students continue to focus on stroke improvement and refinement
- Students build swimming and skill proficiency
- Students continue to refine strokes and enhance swimming skills
Registration for this program must go through our office. Visit the Registration and Payment page for instructions.
For various reasons, you can not register through the main PCC Registration office. Registration for this program must go through our office: