Portland Community College’s 16-acre location on the corner of Brutscher Street and Fernwood Road just off of Highway 99W is the site of a new educational facility for residents of Newberg and surrounding areas. Part of the 2008 bond measure funds, the facility opened for classes Fall term of 2011. The educational facility is approximately 12,000 square feet, with room to expand in the future. The Newberg Center served 646 students in the 2012-2013 academic year.
Sustainability is integral to the building’s design, which includes five classrooms, a conference room, administrative space, and a reception area. PCC Newberg Center is PCC’s newest and greenest facility and is ranked Leed Platinum.
- Enrollment and Classes:
- PCC Newberg Center had more than 670 student enrollments fall term 2013. A variety of credit and non-credit courses are offered, including Arts and Letters, Social Science, Math, Science, Developmental Reading, Writing, and Math, Computers, ESOL, and Business. The college also is serving more students in career technical fields because of its partnership with Newberg School District to retrofit the high school’s welding lab and to expand educational opportunities in Machine Manufacturing.
- Class Schedule:
- Building Hours:
- During the weeks of the term before final test week:
- Monday through Thursday: 8am to 5pm
- Friday: 8am to 2pm
- Saturday: open as necessary depending on class schedule (please call)
- Orientation Center:
- The Orientation Center offers a variety of student services. For assistance in the following, bring photo ID and student ID number:
- applying for admission
- completing new student orientation
- accessing your MyPCC student portal account
- issuing PCC photo ID cards
- initial advising for your first term
- registering for classes
- starting your financial aid application (FAFSA)
- answering your questions
- Placement Test Center:
- The Placement Test Center offers placement tests during specified time periods. Please plan to come during the days and hours posted. For Placement tests, bring photo ID and student ID number.
- Textbooks for classes at PCC Newberg Center can be purchased from the Sylvania Campus bookstore or ordered online through the PCC Sylvania Campus bookstore.
- ESOL classes (Levels 1, 2, 3, and 4) are offered in Newberg Fall, Winter, and Spring terms. See ESOL Newberg.
Newberg Center classes are being held in temporary buildings located to the north of the main building while the building is under construction.