It's never too late for college! The pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong process, and PCC is pleased to offer senior learners the opportunity to enhance new and existing skills through challenging and intellectually stimulating programs. If you are an Oregon resident who is 62 or older, you may be eligible for free or discounted tuition rates.
Community Education classes
Seniors receive a 50% tuition discount on Community Education classes. The discount does not apply to lab and other class fees. (Limited grants are available to those unable to afford the reduced tuition rates. To apply for a grant, contact Sharon Mouton-Sibley at 971-722-2886.)
How to use
- First sign up for your class – see information on how to register.
- After you register, contact Student Account Services and request your senior discount. The discount will be applied to your account the following day.
- After the discount has been applied, log into MyPCC and pay any fees not covered by the discount.
Seniors get free tuition for credit classes when taken for an audit grading option. Auditing is taking a class without receiving a grade or credit. You can only audit a class if there are still seats available on the first day of class. This 100% tuition waiver does not cover lab fees or other class fees. Many classes fill up early, so space is not guaranteed.
How to use
- To use the waiver, find the class you'd like to take in the class schedule, but don't register yet.
- Contact the instructor via email using PCC email account.
- Ask the instructor if you can join their class
- Include your G number and the 5 digit CRN for the class.
- If the instructor approves you to join the class as a Senior Option Student they will forward your email and their approval to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the waiver has been applied to your account, log into MyPCC and pay any fees not covered by the waiver.