How to register
How to pay
After reviewing our registration guidelines, learn how to pay »
First, locate the five-digit CRN (Course Reference Number) of the class(es) you for which you would like to register, and have that number(s) ready. You can find the CRNs in our print schedule or online catalog. Register using one of the following methods:
- ONLINE: Visit the non-credit registration page. If this is your first time registering for a PCC class, click “Create Your Account.” If you are a returning student, click “Register in MyPCC.” Follow the prompts to register.
- PHONE: Call 971-722-6266 and choose option 2 from the menu. Then select option 2 and option 2 again.
- MAIL: Send a completed registration form from the printed catalog and check payment to: Portland Community College PO Box 19000 Portland OR 97280-0990
- FAX: Send a completed registration form to 971-722-4988.
- IN PERSON: Visit an Enrollment Services office located at Cascade Campus, Sylvania Campus, Rock Creek Campus and Southeast Campus. Please do not plan to register in class. Pre-registration is highly recommended. Paper registration forms may be accepted in class. However, sometimes we need to change or cancel a class due to low enrollment or other reasons. If you plan to attend without enrolling, you might find an empty classroom. If you aren’t on our roster, we can’t let you know if the class cancels or changes. Plus, it could be your registration that prevents a low-enrollment cancellation!
See below for info on how to pay for class. If you have questions at any point during the registration process, call the Community Ed info line at 971-722-6266.
Confirmation of class registration is assumed once you register. You will not be sent written confirmation.
- If you register online or by phone, a confirmation email / e-bill notification will be sent to your MyPCC email account.
- If you register by mail or fax, you will receive a bill in the mail. However, PCC does not bill daily, so you may or may not receive a bill before class begins. See below for info on how to pay so that you can pay for class on time and avoid being dropped or incurring late fees.
- If you register in person at an Enrollment Services office, you will be required to pay at the time of registration.
- If you register in class (not recommended), you will receive a bill in the mail. However, PCC does not bill daily, so you may or may not receive a bill before class begins. See below for info on how to pay so that you can pay for class on time and avoid being dropped or incurring late fees.
You can find term-specific registration start dates on the PCC Academic Calendar.
If you register online through MyPCC, by phone or in person, you can register as late as the first day of class unless otherwise noted in the course footnote. If you register by mail or fax, your registration may not be processed immediately. You will not be permitted to stay in class if you are not on the roster. You may be permitted to complete a paper registration form in class in order to remain in the classroom.
We strongly encourage you to register as soon as possible to ensure that you reserve a spot in the class and avoid missing important information about class cancellations or changes.
PCC has an automatic waitlist system for some classes. If the class is full and you put your name on a waitlist, you will receive a waitlist number. If a space opens up in the class, you will be automatically registered for the class. You will receive electronic confirmation ONLY via your MyPCC email account that you have been placed in the class. If you are moved into the class, you will be officially registered and responsible for paying for the class. The automatic enrollment process functions up to 48 hours before the first class meeting. After that point, the instructor will control who moves from the wait list onto the roster.
Missing a class
Missing a class once in a while is okay. We know students who take our classes have busy schedules and vibrant lives. It is not necessary to contact your instructor if you plan to be absent from a non-credit class. You will not be automatically dropped from the course if you miss the first class. You will need to file a drop form (in person or via MyPCC) to avoid paying for the class (see refund/drop policy).