Bike rentals are currently available at Cascade and Southeast campuses.
Cascade and Southeast Bike Rentals
Rent a bike from ASPCC Cascade or Southeast for $15 per term! Bikes may be checked out for the duration of one or a maximum of three consecutive terms. Our bike fleet includes a mix of mountain and hybrid style bikes.
$15 per term gets you
- A ready-to-ride mountain or hybrid bike
- All bikes come equipped with fenders, a rack, lights, a bell and a sturdy U-Lock
- You also get a helmet which is yours to keep
- Plastic seat covers to keep your saddle dry
- Free advice, support, and basic adjustments by an experienced mechanic
That’s just $5 a month – or the price of two Trimet bus tickets! (The getting in shape and having fun part is free.)
OK, so I want to apply!
- Awesome sauce! Fill out this application for the Cascade Bike Program:. Bike Program Application Or fill out this application for the Southeast Cycle Center Program!
- Your information will be verified to determine eligibility – you must be a Cascade Student taking at least 6 credits and in good standing with the college to qualify. If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email.
- Once your eligibility is verified, your name and contact information will be sent to the ASPCC Bike Program Student Coordinator. The Coordinator will set an appointment with you for bike fitting and checkout. Bikes may be rented for one term at a time.
- Once you have received your bike assignment via email, come to the ASPCC at the time we arrange with you. Bring a bag for your goodies, 15 minutes of your time, your student ID with current term sticker, and $15 in cash for each rental term. We do not take debit cards or financial aid.
The ASPCC Cascade and Southeast Bike Programs aim to increase access to affordable, reliable, and sustainable transportation. Through the integration of long-term bicycle loans, education, and recreation, the Cascade Bike Program will enhance the physical and cultural development of students.
What’s the rule?
- Bikes may be checked out for the duration of one or a maximum of three consecutive terms. A usage fee of $15 per term will be due at the time of the contract/check out. We only accept cash, no financial aid.
- Bicycles are valued at $400 with their accessories. If not returned, a $400 hold plus a maximum in $50 late fees will be placed on borrower’s account.
- Dropping below 6 credits after the first two weeks of the term will disqualify the student from the Bike Program.
- Providing inaccurate information may result in disqualification from the Bike Program.
- Bikes are rented on a first-come-first-served basis, by order of wait list.
- It is student’s responsibility to report any changes in address or academic eligibility.
- Student has complete responsibility in maintaining the bicycle. PCC shall be held harmless in any dispute and/or litigation.
Dude, where’s my bike?
- You are responsible for the safety of the bike and preventing theft while it is in your possession. Student may have to pay up $400 to replace a lost or stolen bike, depending on circumstances. An appropriate lock is provided, and instruction in preventing loss of the bike or bike components is given when the student receives the bike.
- If the bicycle or parts of the bike are stolen, file a police report online or by calling 503-823-3333. Then contact Bike Program staff as soon as possible so we can work with you to resolve the issue.
What’s that noise?
When the damage is done…
- Basic adjustments, flat fixes, and diagnostic services are available free of charge for all PCC Rental bikes. Stop by at the Bike Hub during open hours.
- Report all issues or damage, to the Bike Program staff as soon as you notice them. That includes strange noises, shifting problems, or other issues. You may be charged if a small issue that is easily fixed develops into a costly problem.
- Please DO NOT try and fix the issue yourself without prior authorization from Bike Program staff. A simple problem can turn into a costly repair or even cause bodily harm if not fixed properly! You may be charged if the bicycle is damaged in a repair attempt you undertook without prior authorization.
Cascade students email email@example.com[opens in new window].
Southeast students email firstname.lastname@example.org
Southeast Cycle Center Hours
- Monday-Tuesday 12pm-6pm
- Friday 12pm-3pm
- By appointment if needed.
Cascade Bike Shed Hours
- Monday – Friday: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Southeast and Cascade Bike Lockers
At Southeast and Cascade we have bike lockers for our students, faculty and staff to apply for and use on a term-by-term basis. The first day of each term Bike Locker applications are available to fill out and submit. We assign lockers on a first come, first served basis. During our Fall and Spring term, our lockers fill up within the first week of the term. Winter term usually has them filled by the third or fourth week.
At Southeast please go to the following link to apply for our bike locker program: Southeast Cycle Center Bike Locker Application
At Cascade go to SU Information Booth.