PCC Cybersecurity Center
Center for Academic Excellence
Because of our commitment to Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, PCC is designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security as a Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense: 2 Year Education.
Welcome to PCC’s Cybersecurity Center! At this site you can find information on PCC’s academic cybersecurity programs, housed in the Computer Information Systems department, as well as cybersecurity news and activities, both internal and external to PCC.
Oversight of the Cybersecurity Center comes from the Computer Information Systems department and its external board of advisors. Points of Contact:
About the program
Earn a certificate or degree in Cybersecurity Fundamentals at Portland Community College!
- Specialize in cybersecurity while learning about computing.
- Increase your understanding of robust cyber defense technology.
- Utilize computer technology to address information system needs with security in mind.
- Analyze common security vulnerabilities and apply appropriate security controls.
- Hands-on labs and lecture.
- Classroom and/or web-based courses.
- Courses mapped to the knowledge units of the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security requirements for a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense 2 Year Education.
The cybersecurity sector has high growth and good salaries. Jobs you can apply for with an AAS in Cybersecurity:
- Network Defense Technician
- Cyber Defense Analyst
- Intrusion Analyst
- Incident Responder
- IT Auditor
Cybersecurity at PCC
Learn more about cybersecurity
Competitions and conferences
- Oregon CTF
- National Cyber League
- Community College Cyber Summit (3CS)
- Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC)
- Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education (CISSE)
- CyberWatch West
- National CyberWatch Center
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- Women in Cybersecurity