Cybersecurity Fundamentals, less than 1 year certificate
Get involved or learn more with PCC’s Cybersecurity Center.
Earn a certificate in Cybersecurity Fundamentals at Portland Community College:
- Specialize in cybersecurity while learning about computing.
- Increase your understanding of robust cyber defense technology.
- Utilize computer technology to address information system needs with security in mind.
- Analyze common security vulnerabilities and apply appropriate security controls.
- Hands-on labs and lecture
- Classroom and/or web-based courses
- Courses mapped to the knowledge units of the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security requirements for a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense
The cybersecurity sector has high growth and good salaries. Jobs you can apply for with an AAS in Cybersecurity:
- Network Defense Technician
- Cyber Defense Analyst
- Intrusion Analyst
- Incident Responder
- IT Auditor
Awards with a icon can be earned completely online, or you can choose a mix of online and on-campus classes.
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Certificate: Cybersecurity Fundamentals||Less than 1 year||Limited entry, see how|
to get into this program
Learn more about Computer Information Systems and all 16 awards available »
Course listing for the 2021-2022 catalog year.
|CIS 121||Information Systems and Programming||4|
|CIS 122||Introduction to Programming Logic||4|
|CIS 140M||Operating Systems I: Microsoft||4|
|CIS 179||Data Communication Concepts I||4|
|CIS 184C||Introduction to Information Security||4|
|CIS 284C||Cybersecurity Concepts||4|
|CS 140U||Introduction to UNIX||4|
Cybersecurity program educational objectives
Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation. The program educational objectives for the Cybersecurity AAS degree program are as follows:
- Identify, analyze, plan, implement, monitor cybersecurity mechanisms to protect information assets, computer systems, and networks, and respond to attacks.
- Hold professional positions in a cybersecurity-related occupation, or pursue advanced study in cybersecurity or a related field of interest.
- Effectively lead, work and communicate in cross functional teams.
- Be recognized as security professionals who apply ethical and moral standards in maintaining information security in cyberspace.
- Successfully adapt to new technologies, tools, and methodologies to remain current in their occupation.
Applying to PCC is free and only takes a few minutes.Apply now
Limited entry awards have an additional application process. Learn about the prerequisite requirements for the Computer Information Systems program.