The Sylvania Campus CIS advisor, Michele Maxwell, offers information sessions for students who are considering one of the Associate of Applied Science degrees or the one-year certificate in Computer Information Systems (CIS).
Please note that Computer Information Systems and Computer Science are two completely different majors. Not one CIS class transfers towards a computer science requirement in a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
The information session covers the following topics:
- The difference between Computer Information Systems and Computer Science
- An overview of the CIS certificates and Associate of Applied Science degrees PCC offers and the jobs they lead to
- Prerequisites needed to start the CIS classes and program
- First term suggested class schedule
- Transfer options for CIS students
"*" indicates required fields