The Sylvania Campus CIS advisor, Michele Maxwell, offers information sessions for students who are considering a major in Computer Information Systems (CIS).
Please note that Computer Information Systems and Computer Science are two completely different majors. Not one CIS class transfers towards a computer science requirement in a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
The information session covers the following topics:
- The difference between Computer Information Systems and Computer Science.
- An overview of the CIS certificates and Associate of Applied Science degrees PCC offers and the jobs they lead to.
- Transfer options for CIS students.
- How to map out your first term of classes.
- School policies such as satisfactory academic progress and registration deadlines.
"*" indicates required fields