Cyber criminals are clever, innovative, well financed, and technically proficient; they are willing to take extraordinary efforts to attack. This is a serious threat to the College and to us as individuals. To combat them, we have to become familiar with their tactics and techniques, learn how to safeguard our systems, and follow best practices with respect to information security.
PCC seeks to ensure that everyone using, accessing, storing, transmitting or overseeing college resources understands their responsibility in reducing the risk of compromise and takes appropriate security measures to protect college resources.
In order to protect the institution and its private information and data and to comply with federal law, state law, and fiduciary responsibility, PCC developed an Information Security program for critical operational, private, and financial information.
We work hard to make sure the computers around campus are secure. Get the tools you need to make sure that your home system is just as safe.
Watch videos about how you can STAY SAFE – online, offline, and on mobile devices and what happens if you are a victim of Identity Theft.
Learn about the types of threats that modern computer users face. Follow a series of simple steps to ensure that your information is protected.
Info Security Updates
- CIO brief: strong encryption protects employees and students
- January 17, 2019
- We have identified and resolved a significant vulnerability relating to system credentials (login and password). This had particular impact on […]
- New Cyber Security Month videos now available
- December 11, 2018
- IT produced four videos for 2018 Cyber Security Month. Learn how you can stay safe – online, offline, and on […]
- 2018 Cyber Security Month Wrap Up
- November 21, 2018
- Our October 2018 Cyber Security Month has drawn to a close. Here’s a wrap up presentation about the planning, activities, and […]
- October is Cyber Security Awareness Month
- October 8, 2018
- During October we are looking at ways that we can better understand cyber security and the simple steps we can […]
- View more ...