Instructional best practices
Our faculty and staff are involved in a number of professional organizations and are constantly learning about new ways to improve online courses. These instructional best practices are great ways for you to improve assessment in your online course, connect with other faculty, and design interesting and engaging courses.
- Get to know your faculty mentor
Connect with these experienced online faculty for great ideas specific to your discipline.
- Discover quality course design
Learn what we expect when reviewing a new online course.
- Online Course Observations
Use a tool offered for conducting online course observations.
- Identify library resources
Don’t reinvent the wheel. Your faculty librarians have a wealth of resources tailored for your course.
- Discover strategies for teaching online
Online courses are more than just content. These strategies will help your online students.
- Enhance your course with media
Media can improve your course, support your learning objectives, and add your personal voice.
- Discover professional organizations
Connect with professional organizations that are focused on online learning.
- Improve your course management skills
These tips can help you foster an active course without spending too much time online.
- Engage your students
Engaged students are more likely to meet course outcomes.
- Evaluate your course for cheating opportunities
Look at some factors that may make it easier to cheat in your course.
- Kaltura My Media…now for students!
- January 19, 2023
- Kaltura video posting is now available for students!
- Empowering Students to use Office Hours
- September 26, 2022
- Student Appointment Slots Did you know that Google Calendar has a feature called Appointment Slots? This has been an amazing […]
- Late work that actually works
- June 6, 2022
- COMM faculty Stacie Williams shares her current late work practices in online courses.
- little things
- February 28, 2022
- Small things from the instructional support team.
- Warm Demander Pedagogy
- February 14, 2022
- Greg Kaminski discusses approaches to being a warm demanded in your class.
- View more ...