Instructional best practices
Our faculty and staff are involved in a number of professional organizations and are constantly learning about new ways to improve online courses. These instructional best practices are great ways for you to improve assessment in your online course, connect with other faculty, and design interesting and engaging courses.
- Get to know your faculty mentor
- Connect with these experienced online faculty for great ideas specific to your discipline.
- Discover quality course design
- Learn what we expect when reviewing a new online course.
Online Course Observations
Use a tool offered for conducting online course observations.
- Identify library resources
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Your faculty librarians have a wealth of resources tailored for your course.
- Discover strategies for teaching online
- Online courses are more than just content. These strategies will help your online students.
- Enhance your course with media
- Media can improve your course, support your learning objectives, and add your personal voice.
- Discover professional organizations
- Connect with professional organizations that are focused on online learning.
- Improve your course management skills
- These tips can help you foster an active course without spending too much time online.
- Engage your students
- Engaged students are more likely to meet course outcomes.
- Evaluate your course for cheating opportunities
- Look at some factors that may make it easier to cheat in your course.
- What’s up with hybrids at PCC?
- March 9, 2020
- Greg and Paul share an update on the status of hybrid courses at PCC in March 2020.
- Use D2L Brightspace to keep your course running
- March 2, 2020
- Learn some techniques for keeping your campus class running with Brightspace.
- Using an “autobiography” assignment to combat a deficit mindset
- February 24, 2020
- Heather Mayer shares how she approached using an autobiographical and self-reflective intro post to learn what her students knew and their experience.
- Increasing My Presence
- February 13, 2020
- Rondi Schei shares some techniques she uses to increase instructor presence and engagement outside of assignment feedback.
- More Summit Encore presentations in winter term!
- January 17, 2020
- Check out these upcoming encore presentations for online instructors.
- View more ...