Instructional best practices
Our faculty and staff are involved in a number of professional organizations and are constantly learning about new ways to improve online courses. These instructional best practices are great ways for you to improve assessment in your online course, connect with other faculty, and design interesting and engaging courses.
- Get to know your faculty mentor
- Connect with these experienced online faculty for great ideas specific to your discipline.
- Discover quality course design
- Learn what we expect when reviewing a new online course.
Online Course Observations
Use a tool offered for conducting online course observations.
- Identify library resources
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Your faculty librarians have a wealth of resources tailored for your course.
- Discover strategies for teaching online
- Online courses are more than just content. These strategies will help your online students.
- Enhance your course with media
- Media can improve your course, support your learning objectives, and add your personal voice.
- Discover professional organizations
- Connect with professional organizations that are focused on online learning.
- Improve your course management skills
- These tips can help you foster an active course without spending too much time online.
- Engage your students
- Engaged students are more likely to meet course outcomes.
- Evaluate your course for cheating opportunities
- Look at some factors that may make it easier to cheat in your course.
- Welcome and series kick-off!
- October 4, 2021
- Heather Guevara kicks off the new year of best practices blog posts.
- Quarterly updates for Fall 2021
- September 15, 2021
- A list of major updates to the online learning ecosystem for Fall 2021.
- Prepping for the next academic year
- June 4, 2021
- Rondi combines a reading list of options to help you prepare for the coming academic year of online/hybrid/remote learning.
- Creating presence in your online course
- April 19, 2021
- Recommendation for an upcoming workshop on creating presence in online classes.
- April 5, 2021
- Register for the first Online Equity Conference.
- View more ...