Students must be registered for Orientation before the first day of Orientation Week to attend PCC for the term. If they are not registered by this date, they will need to defer (move) their acceptance to the following term.
Orientation Week is a REQUIRED week-long experience for all new F-1 international students:
- to get acquainted with PCC and meet current international students, faculty and staff who will help them along their academic journey at PCC,
- to provide the required testing (ESOL or academic),
- to conduct 1-on-1 advising and registration for 1st term classes,
- to learn all the “rules” for maintaining their F-1 visa status.
We update this page each term to include the dates, locations, and other important information for each upcoming Orientation Week.
Orientation Week Schedule – Summer 2022
Orientation Week will take place partially in person and partially online for Summer 2022 during the week of June 13-17, 2022. A tentative Orientation Week schedule is below. As Orientation Week approaches, we will continue to update this page. Specific campus locations and Zoom links will be emailed to new international students who have registered for Orientation Week on June 10. All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).
|Monday, June 13
|Tuesday, June 14
|Wednesday, June 15
|Thursday, June 16
|Friday, June 17
All PCC Campuses
|Students with an Associate I-20 (check your I-20 under ‘Program of Study’)||9 AM-3:30 PM PST at PCC Sylvania Campus:
Welcome, Check-In & Workshops
|9-11 AM PST LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshops||9-11 AM PST LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshops||9-11 AM PST LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshops||10 AM-2 PM PST at PCC: Campus Tour, Review of the Week & Local Shopping Trip|
|Students with a Language Learning I-20 (check your I-20 under ‘Program of Study’)||1-3 PM PST LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshops||1-3 PM PST LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshops||1-3 PM PST LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshops|
|ALL NEW STUDENTS||Academic Advising appointments and class registration will happen throughout Orientation Week.
ESOL & ALEKS Math Placement Tests must be taken before June 13.
All F-1 international students new to PCC are required to attend all parts of Orientation Week. You MUST attend all parts of Orientation Week on the schedule provided to you! If you do not, you may not be able to register for classes or attend PCC.
- Orientation Week includes: 1. English language or academic placement testing (if required, see this chart for more information), 2. academic advising, 3. registration for classes, and 4. workshops on PCC academic programs, policies, student services, and F-1 visa regulations.
- Students who do not attend Orientation Week cannot register for classes.
- Students who do not register for Orientation Week by June 13 cannot register for classes.
International students are given extra time to pay tuition in their first term. Tuition for new international students is due the first day of their first term. All other PCC students have a different due date, but for their first term, new international students are given an extension.
Students will have holds on their accounts which prevent them from registering for classes – they must complete any required testing and attend Orientation Week sessions first, then holds will be removed before their advising and registration session during Orientation Week.
- Students must be admitted to PCC before participating in Orientation Week. Apply to become a student here.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
You must ask your current school’s international student advisor (DSO) to transfer your SEVIS record to PCC. It must be transferred BEFORE you can register for classes!
Preparing for Your Trip & Arriving in Portland
The U.S. has very strict rules about what you can bring into the country. Please review the information here and pack appropriately.
PCC does not offer airport pick-up. You will need to arrange your own transportation. Some options for ground transportation at Portland International Airport (PDX) are:
PORTLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Passport Control and Customs – Virtual Tour
This page is maintained by the International Student Life Coordinator.