Students must be registered for Orientation by Friday, March 8 and in Portland by Sunday, March 17 to attend PCC for spring term. If they are not registered or cannot be in Portland by these dates, they will need to defer (move) their acceptance to the following term.
Orientation Week is a required week-long experience for all new F-1 international students:
- to get acquainted with PCC and meet current international students, faculty, and staff who will help them along their academic journey at PCC,
- to provide the required testing (ESOL or academic),
- to conduct 1-on-1 advising and registration for 1st term classes,
- to learn all the “rules” for maintaining their F-1 visa status.
Orientation Week Schedule – Spring 2024
- Orientation Week will take place partially in person and partially online during the week of March 18-22, 2024.
- You must be in Portland by March 17 to attend Orientation Week!
Specific campus locations and Zoom links will be emailed to new international students who have registered for Orientation Week on March 15. All times are Pacific Standard Time (PST).
|Monday, March 18
|Tuesday, March 19
|Wednesday, March 20
|Thursday, March 21
|Friday, March 22
Saturday, March 23
|Students with an Associate I-20 (check your I-20 under ‘Program of Study’)
|9 AM-3:30 PM at PCC Sylvania:
Welcome, Check-In & Workshops
|9:15 AM at PCC Sylvania: Academic Placement Testing
|10 AM-12 PM LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshop 1
|10 AM-12 PM LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshop 2
|10 AM-12 PM PST at PCC: Campus Tour
12-2 PM PST: OPTIONAL Local Shopping Trip
|1-5 PM PST at Downtown Portland: OPTIONAL Walking Tour of Downtown Portland with Stop at Sizzle Pie Pizza!
|Students with a Language Learning I-20 (check your I-20 under ‘Program of Study’)
|12 PM at PCC Sylvania: ESOL Placement Testing
|1-3 PM LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshop 1
|1-3 PM LIVE via Zoom: Student Success Workshop 2
|ADVISING & CLASS REGISTRATION
|Academic Advising and class registration appointments for students with an Associate I-20 will be available during the week (and scheduled after Placement Testing on Tuesday). Academic Advising and class registration appointments for students with a Language Learning I-20 will be available Wednesday and Thursday mornings (and scheduled after Placement Testing on Tuesday).
All F-1 international students new to PCC are required to attend all parts of Orientation Week. You must attend all parts of Orientation Week on the schedule provided to you! If you do not, you may not be able to register for classes or attend PCC.
- Orientation Week includes:
- English language or academic placement testing (if required, see this chart for more information)
- academic advising
- registration for classes
- workshops on PCC academic programs, policies, student services, and F-1 visa regulations
- Students who do not register for Orientation Week by March 8 cannot register for classes.
- Students who do not attend all required parts of Orientation Week and complete all required tasks cannot register for classes.
- International students are given extra time to pay tuition in their first term. Tuition for new international students is due on the first day of their first term. All other PCC students have a different due date, but for their first term, new international students are given an extension.
- Students will have holds on their accounts, which prevent them from registering for classes – they must complete any required testing and attend Orientation Week sessions first, then holds will be removed before their advising and registration session during Orientation Week.
- Students must be admitted to PCC before participating in Orientation Week. Apply to become a student.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
You must ask your current school’s international student advisor (DSO) to transfer your SEVIS record to PCC. It must be transferred before you can register for classes!
Preparing for Your Trip and Arriving in Portland
The U.S. has very strict rules about what you can bring into the country. Please review the information and pack appropriately.
PCC does not offer airport pick-up. You will need to arrange your own transportation. Some options for ground transportation at Portland International Airport (PDX) are:
Portland International Airport
- Passport Control and Customs – Virtual Tour
This page is maintained by the International Student Life Coordinator.