OISS Virtual Resources
- Connect to the Virtual Front Desk (Mon-Fri: 9am-12pm AND Mon, Tues, & Thurs: 3pm-5pm)
- Make a virtual appointment with a SEVIS Advisor
- Join virtual Talk Time Cafes and chat with other students
- Learn about updates for International Admissions
- Hear from OISS about how we’re supporting international students through COVID
Remember: COVID-related health issues are covered by your Pacific Source Heath Insurance
NEWS: Department of Homeland Security proposes new regulation of “fixed time” instead of duration of status for F-1 visa students
- Official proposal in the Federal Register
- DHS is proposing that F-1 students only have a “fixed time” (instead of “duration of status”) to complete their degree or English language training. The proposal goes on to specify that any I-20 extensions would have to go through USCIS as an Extension of Status (EOS) application or require the student to depart and re-enter the country. This also impacts OPT, as international students would not only have to apply for OPT/EAD but would also need to file an EOS application and have both approved before starting OPT.
- Deadline to make an official comment: 10/26/2020
- Presidents Alliance webinar “Rapid Response Briefing: Proposed Rule to End Duration of Status for International Students and Exchange Visitors”
- Presidents’ Alliance “Higher Education “Talking Points” Template Comment for Proposed D/S Rule”
- NAFSA webpage on “Proposal to Replace Duration of Status”
- ACE document on “Summary and Talking Points on Duration of Status (D/S) Proposed Rule”
At PCC, you'll socialize and learn language skills through exciting student activities.
Pursue your interests with over 100 programs.
PCC has four campuses throughout Portland.
Small class sizes and dedicated instructors help our students succeed.
Student clubs meet weekly to practice conversation in a supportive, fun environment.
PCC credits transfer easily to four-year schools.
The Office of International Student Services (OISS) welcomes you to Oregon and PCC!
PCC is a two-year college offering over 100 areas of study, an ESOL Program, and the option to transfer to a four-year school. We are the largest institution of higher education in Oregon, and we have a vibrant and diverse international student community. PCC has four gorgeous campuses located throughout the city. International students love Portland because it is one of the friendliest and safest cities in the U.S., full of pristine parks, great shopping, and fabulous dining experiences. Wherever you are headed, Portland Community College is a great place to start.
More information in translation:
International student newsletter
Sign up to receive our international student newsletter! Sent each week by the International Student Life Team, our newsletter is packed with important PCC announcements and reminders, events and activities, as well as volunteer opportunities for international students.
During this time, the OISS remains available to help international students through phone, email, and virtual appointments.
- Monday – Thursday: 8am – 5pm
- Friday: 8am – 4pm
- 911 for emergency police or medical assistance (on or off campus)
- +1-971-722-4444 for Campus Public Safety (on campus)
- NEW! +1-971-209-2033 to reach the Office of International Student Services if you have an urgent legal or immigration issue
This page is maintained by the OISS Director / Assistant Director.