You may not know that a majority of US students (about 65%) who study abroad are women! However, it’s important to keep in mind while you plan that women can be treated and perceived differently from culture to culture. There are lots of resources to support and advise women studying abroad.
- Diversity Abroad: Women Abroad – a guide including tips and must-ask questions for women going abroad
- On She Goes – an online travel community that “helps women of color travel more confidently, more adventurously, and more often”
- Transitions Abroad: The Women Travel Guide – stories and tips for women traveling abroad
- Her Own Way – A Woman’s Safe Travel Guide – Canadian Government resource on staying safe abroad as a woman
- Sexual Assault Support and Help for Americans Abroad – offering live chat, crisis numbers, webinars and more
- PCC Women’s Resource Centers (WRC)