Students with DACA Abroad
NOTE: Due to the recent announcement from U.S. leadership regarding the DACA program, we regret that we do not recommended DACA students to participate on an Education Abroad program that would take them outside the U.S. We are happy to work with any DACA student to find an alternative option within the U.S.
If you would like to contact an Immigration Attorney to discuss this further and get legal counsel you can contact a local attorney here: immigration attorneys in the area.
Portland Community College Resources
- Portland Community College’s DREAM Center located at Rock Creek provides a safer space resource center for the PCC Undocumented/DACAmented community
- PCC’s Resources for Undocumented and DACA Students
- Frequently asked questions about DACA at PCC
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) “Find a Lawyer” page
- Catholic Charities of Oregon Immigration Legal Services provides immigration legal services to low income immigrants and refugees (you do not need to identify as Catholic to access their services)
- Immigration Counseling Service Oregon immigration group – a non-profit immigration law firm
- National Immigration Project – search by state
- Consideration for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (USCIS site)
- Students with DACA – Pomona College information on studying abroad with DACA and further resources
- My (Un)Documented Life -“Up-to-date Information & Resources for Undocumented Immigrants”
- CalPoly information for students with DACA studying abroad