This content was published: September 16, 2017. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Telling a story through Jazz
Instructor Mitzi Zilka’s Jazz Singing classes (Jazz Singers Workshop 1 and Jazz Singers Workshop 2) are quite an experience; they feature a piano accompanist in class and a performance at the conclusion of the class in a Portland jazz club.
Five Reasons To Sing Jazz
1. Endorphins associated with pleasure are released during singing.
2. Singing helps us remain socially connected.
3. Singing reduces stress hormones.
4. It’s a fun, informative introduction to this country’s indigenous music.
5. Mitzi Zilka, well-known Portland jazz singer, who has performed nationally and internationally, has been teaching this supportive workshop at PCC for nearly ten years. Students keep coming back.