For new or returning PCC Dual Credit students: There is a 3-part process for new students who wish to receive college credit for the high school course work through Portland Community College.
- Part 1: Apply for Admissions
- Part 2: Logging into your MyPCC for the first time & forwarding your email
- Part 3: Register for classes
All students must complete the admissions process each year, though your PCC email and G# will remain the same.
Part 1: Apply for admissions
Before you begin, you must have a working personal email address to apply online. If you do not have one you can create a free email address by selecting a provider such as Google, Hotmail, or Yahoo. Fill out their online application form to obtain a free email address.
- Apply to PCC
- Select an Application Type – There are three choices in the pull down menu; select the PCC High School Dual Credit option, as seen in the screenshot here:
- Apply for Admissions – Select the current term (fall, winter or spring), enter your first and last name with correct capitalization. *All fields with a red asterisk are required fields.
- Application Checklist – Begin by clicking on Name.
- (1 of 8) Name – Verify the spelling of your legal name. You may add a preferred name; please be aware that your preferred name is what will print on the class roster. If you have ever received PCC credit, you will want to select YES at the bottom of the page. Click Continue.
- (2 of 8) First Address and Phone – Enter your complete address (including your house number) and phone information. Click Continue. The address entered will be checked against a current USPS database for accuracy. Be sure to enter accurate information and remember to include the city. Verify the address you entered is correct and click Check the Address. Please Note: If you do not enter a valid address, you will not be able to register (Part 3). If you do not have a permanent address, please use your high school’s street address.
- (3 of 8) Personal Information – Enter your email address, gender, birthdate, and other information. Click Continue.
- (4 of 8) Current Student Type – Answer this as it applies to you. If you’ve earned PCC credit in previous years (including Dual Credit), type the number 2 in the textbox. Click Continue.
- (5 of 8) Planned Course of Study – In the pulldown menu select Dual Credit High School Program – Not Financial Aid Eligible. Click Continue.
- (6 of 8) High School – It is very important that you use the correct High School Code. Click on Lookup High School Code, select the State, and then click List of Cities in Selected State. Select your City and click List of Schools in Selected City. Select your high school name and click on the button that says Copy selected High School information to Data Entry form. Enter your
anticipated Gradation Date as June 1, and the year you plan to graduate. Click Continue.
- (7 of 8) Attending Reason – In the textbox enter the number next to the main reason you are attending (or earning credit at) PCC. Click Continue.
- (8 of 8) Transfer Status – In the textbox, enter the number that best applies to you. Click Continue.
- Click Submit Application
- Disclosure Agreement – By clicking YES, you understand that your academic records may be shared with the high school that you attend for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Application Checklist – You should see a red checkmark next to each section of the application. If you do, click ONCE on the Submit Application button and wait for the next page to load.
- Admissions Agreement – Click on either I agree to the terms or I do not agree. You must agree to the terms to proceed to registration.
- Signature Page – Read this page. You will receive a Congratulations Letter via your personal email within 72 hours after completing the Application. If you do not receive an email within a few days, contact the PCC Dual Credit office at 971-722-7737 or email@example.com.