PCC’s Downtown Center achieved LEED Gold certification due to these features:
- 40 percent water use reduction over a typical building.
- 25 percent energy savings over a typical building, due to high-efficiency equipment and a hydronic heating system.
- 80 percent of construction waste was diverted from landfill by being recycled or reused.
- 30 percent of the building material content is recycled.
- 50 percent of wood products in the building are harvested from sustainably managed forests.
- Up to 90 percent reduction in air infiltration at existing windows due to exterior sealing.
- Readily accessible by public transportation.