Bioscience Technician, Career Pathway certificate
The certificate also serves as the foundation for the two-year Associate of Applied Science degree. The Bioscience Technician certificate prepares you for entry-level positions in industry, focusing on:
- Basic laboratory skills
- Mechanics of manufacturing
- Principles of measurement
- Quality systems (working in a regulated environment)
It can also be a good option for those wanting to take a different career path, providing practical, hands-on training to enhance prior education and work experience.
- Reading and writing placement: GED and high school graduates. Placement into Reading 115, Writing 115.
- Duration: Two terms
- Program cost: Use the cost calculator to see the estimated costs. For more detailed cost sheets contact Josh Cary.
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Career Pathway Certificate: Bioscience Technician||Less than 1 year||Limited entry, see how|
to get into this program
Learn more about Bioscience and all 3 awards available »
Course listing for the 2020-2021 catalog year.
|BIT 102||Current Topics in Bioscience Technology||2|
|BIT 105||Safety in the Bioscience Workplace||2|
|BIT 107||Bioscience Lab Math||2|
|BIT 109||Basic Laboratory Techniques and Instruments||5|
|BIT 125||Quality Systems in Bioscience Technology||2|
|BIT 126||Applied Quality Practice||3|
|BIT 181||Exploring Bioscience||3|
Applying to PCC is free and only takes a few minutes.Apply now
Limited entry awards have an additional application process. Learn about the prerequisite requirements for the Bioscience program.