Career Pathway Certificate: Bioscience Technician
- Do you love science and lab work?
- Are you interested in increasing your lab skills, to enhance your career?
- Are you interested in how products are manufactured, and working in a controlled environment to ensure quality and safety standards are met?
The Bioscience Technology Career Pathway Certificate prepares you for entry-level positions with Bioscience companies. It can also be a good option for those wanting to take a different career path, providing the practical, hands-on training to enhance prior education and work experience.
Recent graduates of the program received initial offers in the range of $12 to $24 per hour. Entry level positions in the industry average $15 to $18 per hour, while those with experience can expect $20 per hour, or higher if you have a bachelor's degree. Learn more about your employment prospects.
Finish your degree
The Bioscience Technology Career Pathway Certificate leads to additional Bioscience degrees. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- GED and High School graduates. Placement into Reading 115, Writing 115.
- PCC Rock Creek
- Two terms
- Come to an info session or make an appointment with a Bioscience Technology staff member
- Complete the steps for new students
- The admissions form will ask you what you plan to study. Since this is a restricted entry program, you should choose Associate of General Studies for now. Your major will be changed once you've applied and been accepted into the program.
- Contact Josh Cary for help with scheduling, becoming a student, and mapping out your education and career path. Classes fill quickly—so don’t delay.
- Find out more about the resources and support the Career Pathways team can provide!
- Apply to the Bioscience Technology program