Career Pathway Certificate: Advanced Bioscience Technologist
- Are you interested in using research to solve multifaceted problems?
- Do you like organizing, interpreting, and reporting results of an experiment?
- Are you interested in increasing your lab skills, to enhance your career?
- Ready to advance your career? Consider becoming a Bioscience Technologist.
The Advanced Bioscience Technologist certificate is designed to prepare you for an entry-level job in the bioscience industry. The advanced technical courses develop more specific skill sets, and provide for development of the fundamental skills in this more advanced context. It can also be a good option for those wanting to take a different career path, providing the practical, hands-on training to enhance prior education and work experience.
Recent graduates of the program received initial offers in the range of $12 to $24 per hour. Entry level positions in the industry average $15 to $18 per hour, while those with experience can expect $20 per hour, or higher if you have a bachelor's degree. Learn more about your employment prospects.
Finish your degree
The advanced Bioscience Technologist Career Pathways certificate leads to the Bioscience Technology AAS Degree. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- GED and High School graduates; Placement into Math 95 and Writing 121. If you do not meet all the placement recommendations, contact us for other options.
- PCC Rock Creek
- Two terms
- Come to an info session or make an appointment with a Bioscience Technology staff member
- Complete the steps for new students
- The admissions form will ask you what you plan to study. Since this is a restricted entry program, you should choose Associate of General Studies for now. Your major will be changed once you've applied and been accepted into the program.
- Contact Josh Cary for help with scheduling, becoming a student, and mapping out your education and career path. Classes fill quickly—so don’t delay.
- Find out more about the resources and support the Career Pathways team can provide!
- Apply to the Bioscience Technology program