This content was published: May 16, 2017. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.
Cascade Paragon Gallery
PCC Cascade’s Paragon Art Gallery Presents: Making Change, featuring prints from Justseeds. The gallery will be hosting a variety of free, interactive events and workshops that are open to the public to promote positive social change.
Art collective Justseeds will be featuring a month-long exhibit of two print portfolios:
- This is an Emergency (East Gallery)
- We are the Storm (West Gallery)
Making Change Events and Workshops
Find the full event schedule and latest details on the Paragon Gallery Facebook page.
- Tuesday, May 16:
- 5-7pm Chelsea can Midde & Crystal Villegas Creative Circle: coloring, tea, aroma therapy, and open group discussion
- Wednesday, May 17:
- 12-5pm p:ear: Building positive relationships with homeless and transitional youths through art and education
- 5-7pm Dave Hedburg and Melissa Lang Portland Heritage Trees – Our Shared History
- Thursday, May 18:
- 3-4:30pm; 5:30-7pm Tyler White: Presentation on the intersection of art and history in North Portland
- Friday, May 19:
- 12-5pm Bobby Fouther: Workshop for making positive word spaces with fabric, stencils, and more
- 5-7pm Kalimah Abiota screening SIGHT: With performances from Avery Gilbert, Jamondria Harris, Jai Hurdle, Yafe Aros.
- Saturday, May 20:
- 12:30-2:30pm Parfait: In the Shoes of an Immigrant: By means of songs, stories, and introspective activities, empathy specialist and singer-songwriter Parfait Bassale takes participants on a journey with the immigrant.
- 2:30-5pm Bobby Foulther: Workshop for making positive word spaces with fabric, stencils, and more
- 12-7pm Circle of Healing: Hosted by Portland Two Spirits Society
- Tuesday, May 23:
- 5-7pm Public Annex
- Wednesday, May 24:
- 1-4pm Anne Greenwood: Sewing workshop
- 12-7pm Julie Keefe: Photographer
- Thursday, May 25:
- 12:30-1:30pm Vanessa Renwick: Land of the Free
- 3:30-7pm Paper Eclipse Puppet Company: Playing with Light and Shadows
- 8-8:30pm Special Performance
- Friday, May 26:
- 5-7pm Garima Thakur: Mountain of Rice “Can we all share a meal? Can we all eat with our hands? Can we all read while we eat? Let’s all have an Indian dinner together? Does that sound good to you?”
- Saturday, May 27:
- 4-7pm Perla Bonilla: Journal Making Workshop
- 3-7pm Lary Yes: The Word Love again and again and again…