Welcome to PCC's ROOTS Program, a federally-funded TRiO program dedicated to helping students at Portland Community College achieve their educational goals.
Sylvania ROOTS Program
The PCC Community, Staff and Sylvania TRIO ROOTS students were saddened to learn that grant funding from the U.S. Department of Education for our Sylvania ROOTS (TRIO-Student Support Services) Program will not be renewed. The Sylvania program will officially end on August 31, 2015.
Over the past 15 years, our Sylvania ROOTS program has served over a thousand low-income, first generation students, as well as student with disabilities. The program has served as a model of excellence, locally and regionally, and thrived because of contributions of faculty and staff serving on the ROOTS Advisory Board. If you would like to share your sentiments on Sylvania ROOTS a space has been created.
The Department of Education provides TRIO funding to programs across the nation, including our very own PCC Cascade, which will continue offering much needed support services to deserving students seeking improved lives through education.
aim is to help low income, first generation students and students with
disabilities stay in school, transfer to other
colleges or universities and/or graduate from PCC.
- tuition free/transferable Career & Guidance Courses
- individualized academic advising
- financial aid advising and advocacy
- scholarship search assistance & workshops
- one to one math & writing tutoring services
- peer mentor opportunities
- assistance with university transfer process
- local university visits and tours
- referrals to college counseling and disability services
- connections to campus cultural events & student activities
- volunteer opportunities
- and much more!
The program also gives students the opportunity to meet other students who are striving for success. There is no charge for services provided to students through the ROOTS Program. Drop by our office for more information.
- Visit the ROOTS admission page and make sure you qualify for the program.
- The Cascade TRIO SSS Program is currently accepting applications! Information Sessions will be held at Cascade Campus on Friday, August 14, and Friday, August 28, 1 - 2pm in the Student Services Building Third Floor Lobby (use the elevator during construction). You are also welcome to call us at 971-722-5752 or stop by our office, Cascade Campus SSB 301, for more information (campus map & info).