Welcome to PCC's ROOTS Program, a federally-funded TRiO program dedicated to helping students at Portland Community College achieve their educational goals.
aim is to help low income, first generation students and students with
disabilities stay in school, transfer to other
colleges or universities and/or graduate from PCC.
- tuition free/transferable Career & Guidance Courses
- individualized academic advising
- financial aid advising and advocacy
- scholarship search assistance & workshops
- one to one math & writing tutoring services
- peer mentor opportunities
- assistance with university transfer process
- local university visits and tours
- referrals to college counseling and disability services
- connections to campus cultural events & student activities
- volunteer opportunities
- and much more!
The program also gives students the opportunity to meet other students who are striving for success. There is no charge for services provided to students through the ROOTS Program. Drop by our office for more information.
- Visit the ROOTS admission page and make sure you qualify for the program.
- The Sylvania ROOTS Program is currently accepting for 2014-15 year. Applications for Fall 2014 are now being accepted. On the Sylvania Campus: attend a ROOTS Information Session held every Thursday at noon in Sylvania Library 204 or stop by the Sylvania ROOTS office at Sylvania Campus CC 225. (campus map & info).
- Cascade ROOTS applications are only available at the information session. On the Cascade Campus: attend a ROOTS Information Session held the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 pm in the Cascade Orientation Center SSB 201 (formerly START Lab). Or for more information, stop by the Cascade ROOTS office at the Cascade Campus, SSB 301 (campus map & info).