Portland Community College ROOTS Program
Welcome to PCC's ROOTS Program, a federally-funded TRiO program dedicated to helping students at Portland Community College achieve their educational goals.
aim is to help low income, first generation students and students with
disabilities stay in school, transfer to other
colleges or universities and/or graduate from PCC.
- individualized academic advising
- free classes and tuition waivers
- personal financial aid assistance
- assistance with career planning
- assistance with scholarship searches & applications
- support to transfer to a four-year institution
- free admission & transportation to cultural events
- free visits to local colleges & universities
- referrals to various tutor centers
- peer mentoring
- and much more!
The program also gives students the opportunity to meet other students who are striving for success. There is no charge for services provided to students through the ROOTS Program. Drop by our office for more information.
- Visit the ROOTS admission page and make sure you qualify for the program.
- The Sylvania ROOTS Program is currently accepting for 2012-13 year. Applications for Winter 2013 now being accepted. On the Sylvania Campus: attend a ROOTS Information Session held every Thursday at noon in Sylvania Library 204 or stop by the Sylvania ROOTS office at Sylvania Campus CC 225. (campus map & info.)
- Cascade ROOTS applications are only available at the information session. On the Cascade Campus: attend a ROOTS Information Session held every Tuesday from 1:00 to 2:00 pm in the Cascade Orientation Center SSB 201 (formerly START Lab). Or for more information, stop by the Cascade ROOTS office at the Cascade Campus, SSB 301 (campus map & info)