Welding Technology - Program Overview
PCC's Welding Technology program provides training in eight areas. The program has open entry-open exit format, which means you can enroll in as many credits as your schedule allows.
- SMAW (shielded metal arc welding)
- GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding)
- GMAW (gas metal arc welding)
- FCAW (flux-cored arc welding)
- OAW (oxy-acetylene welding)
- OAC (oxy-acetylene cutting)
- Basic fabrication
- Non-destructive Testing
You'll gain hands-on experience in the above specialties, and receive training in blueprint reading, welding principles, welding metallurgy, welding inspection and quality control in a lecture setting.