Academics & Departments
- Renewable Energy Systems: EET Option
- The most comprehensive Renewable Energy Systems (RES) training offering in the State of Oregon preparing technicians for solar power, wind power, fuel cell and other renewable energy fields.
- Energy Tech Programs
- Microelectronics has two new programs geared toward preparing PCC students for technical careers in the solar industry, the AAS Degree in Microelectronics Technology, and a COC in Solar Voltaic Manufacturing Technology. The COC is a short program consisting of approximately 13 credits, the majority of these credits are transferable to the Solar Voltaic AAS degree (which consists of 95 credits).
- Want to learn more about Green Careers?
- Check out these resources: Oregon Green Career Pathways and The Greening of the Oregon Workforce
Resources for Educators
- Sustainable Practices for Academics and Resources Council (SPARC)
- The Sustainable Practices for Academics and Resources Council (SPARC) leads the PCC effort to instill sustainability in our educational offerings.
- Cascadia High-Performance Systems Training Institute
- ATE Cascadia Regional Institute for Sustainability Education (C-RISE) led by Portland Community College, Lane Community College, Portland State University, and Portland Public Schools, will help government and industry meet the demand for a workforce that understands and adopts sustainable practices in building design, construction, and maintenance, energy technology, landscape technology and development-related natural resource management in Oregon and Washington.
- Related Pages
- Sustainability Training for Technical Educators