Are you frustrated from filling out online application after online application? Never knowing if a human on the other end has even taken a look at what you sent? Did you realize who you know is 70% of a successful job search?
We are here to help you and to ease the frustration. We will give you expert advice and help. We assist with resume writing, planning your job search and enhancing your interviewing skills. We want to help develop your career path!
We can help!
We can help with every part of your job search plan:
- Learn how to build a resume
- Fine tune your existing resume
- Learn how to get experience
- Understand social media as a key part of job search
- Build your network - get connected in your field
- Find out where the jobs are
- Get inside tips on job leads
- Troubleshoot a job search plan
- Workshops and job events: see the career and job calendar
- Get interview tips
- Come in to practice interviewing (or practice with a webcam)
- Find out how much jobs pay
- Get wage information - know what you're worth!
- Understand how to negotiate salary
Before you come in
Planning a career, landing the job
See our DIY guide on Connecting College to Career. We cover how to become the best candidate to land your first job out of college.
Gather your information and bring it with you. You don't need a full-blown resume - handwritten notes are fine, or even better, type them up! Try using the Career Profile tool in Oregon CIS.
Bring with you:
- Prior education: where you went, when you graduated.
- Previous training and achievement: names and dates of any specialized certificates, credentials, or skills that you have developed. Write down any activities that highlight your achievements.
- Any paid or unpaid work: who you worked for, where you volunteered, dates of employment, your accomplishments and responsibilities.
Where to find us
All students and alumni are welcome, and we are located on a campus near you. All you have to do is call or drop in to schedule a one-on-one appointment with us.