Do you represent a veterinary clinic, hospital, or another animal facility? See our Cooperative Education partners page.
Cooperative Education is a nationally recognized program that allows you to earn college credit while gaining valuable on the job experience in your major area of study. You can practice the skills you’ve learned in the classroom in real job settings. With cooperative education (sometimes called co-op, internship, or practicum) you gain practical work experience, make informed career decisions, and gain an advantage in the job market through the cooperative effort of you, the college, and an employer.
Cooperative Education (also called a clinical or externship) is a required course for Veterinary Technician students for three-term rotations in your second year of studies.
- Aimee Bosland, Jobs & Internships Specialist
- Rock Creek Building 9, Room 119
Web resources for your employment search
- American Veterinary Medical Association jobs – AVMA’s Veterinary Career Center (VCC) and the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA) have joined forces to create the top website for both employers and job seekers.
- iHireVeterinary – An online employment board for people in the veterinary industry.
- Jobs for students and graduates