The CIS advisor, Michele Maxwell, offers information sessions for students, who are new to Computer Information Systems and meet the following criteria:
- Have applied to PCC and have a student ID number (a "G number"); and
- Have completed RD 115, WR 115, MTH 20 or higher, or tested into the standard prerequisites of reading, writing and mathematics for general education classes; and
- Is in Academic Good Standing; and
- Is new to the CIS program.
The Information Session will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the Information Technology (IT) industry, including IT jobs and potential income
- The difference between CIS/IT and Computer Science
- How to use GRAD Plan
- How to map out your first three terms of classes
- School policies, such as: Satisfactory Academic Progress and Registration Deadlines
- School resources
The Information Sessions will NOT address the following situations. If you need assistance with one of these, please contact the CIS Advisor to set up a one-on-one advising appointment.
- You need assistance with a Financial Aid Time Frame Extension Appeal
- You are in Academic Probation or Academic Suspension and need to meet with an advisor to set up a Learning Contract
- You are an IT professional (current or former), who wants to take classes or complete one or more of our advanced CIS Certificates
- You have completed computer classes at another regionally accredited college or university and you want someone to review your computer classes for possible course equivalency
- You need help with Trade Act, Voc Rehab, Worksource or any other funding paperwork.
Winter 2018 CIS Information Sessions
|Friday, January 26th||11am to 1pm||Sylvania, ST Building, Room 301|
|Monday, January 29th||9am to 10am||Sylvania, SS Building, Room 101|
|Thursday, February 1st||5pm to 6pm||Sylvania, TCB Building, Room 214|