The Sylvania Campus CAS/CIS advisor, Michele Maxwell, offers information sessions for students who are considering a Computing Major in Computer Application Systems, Web Technologies, Computer Information Systems or Computer Science.
Anyone is welcome! But students will gain the most from these sessions if they:
- Have applied to PCC and have a student ID number (a G number); and
- Have completed RD 115, WR 115, and MTH 20 or higher, or tested into the standard prerequisites of reading, writing and mathematics for general education classes
Students registered into a beginning CAS, CIS or CS class, who are undecided about their major, would also benefit from these information sessions.
The Information Session will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the different Computing Certificates and Degrees PCC offers
- The difference between CIS and Computer Science
- How to use GRAD Plan
- How to map out your first three terms of classes
- School policies such as Satisfactory Academic Progress and Registration Deadlines
Winter 2019 Computing Information Sessions
|Monday, January 28||4 to 5:30pm||Sylvania TCB 315|
|Monday, February 4||4 to 5:30pm||Sylvania TCB 315|
|Monday, February 11||4 to 5:30pm||Sylvania TCB 315|
|Monday, February 18||4 to 5:30pm||Sylvania TCB 315|
|Monday, February 25 canceled||4 to 5:30pm||Sylvania TCB 315|
If you need assistance with one of the following situations, please contact Michele Maxwell to set up a one-on-one advising appointment.
- You are a CAS, CIS or CS major and need assistance with a Financial Aid Time Frame Extension Appeal.
- You are a CAS, CIS or CS major in Academic Probation or Academic Suspension and need to meet to set up a Learning Contract.
- You are an IT professional (current or former), who wants to take classes or complete one or more of our advanced CIS Certificates.
- You are a CAS, CIS or CS major and need to meet with an academic advisor for your Trade Act, Voc Rehab, Worksource or other funding paperwork.