The CIS advisor, Michele Maxwell, offers information sessions for students who are new to Computer Information Systems.
Anyone is welcome! But students will gain the most from these sessions if they:
- Have applied to PCC and have a student ID number (a G number); and
- Have completed RD 115, WR 115, and MTH 20 or higher, or tested into the standard prerequisites of reading, writing and mathematics for general education classes
Students registered into CIS 120, CIS 121 and/or CIS 122 who are considering CIS as a possible major would also benefit from these information sessions.
The Information Session will cover the following topics:
- An overview of the Computer Information Systems (CIS) program
- The difference between CIS and Computer Science
- How to use GRAD Plan
- How to map out your first three terms of classes
- School policies such as Satisfactory Academic Progress and Registration Deadlines
Fall 2018 CIS Information Sessions
|Wednesday, October 10||12-1:30pm||Sylvania TCB 309|
|Wednesday, October 17||12-1:30pm||Sylvania TCB 309|
|Wednesday, October 24||12-1:30pm||Sylvania TCB 309|
|Tuesday, October 30||4-5:30pm||Sylvania TCB 310|
If you need assistance with one of the following situations, please contact the CIS Advisor to set up a one-on-one advising appointment.
- You need assistance with a Financial Aid Time Frame Extension Appeal.
- You are a CIS major in Academic Probation or Academic Suspension and need to meet to set up a Learning Contract.
- You are an IT professional (current or former), who wants to take classes or complete one or more of our advanced CIS Certificates.
- You need help with Trade Act, Voc Rehab, Worksource or any other funding paperwork.