Entry-level Accounting Clerk, Career Pathway certificate
- Do you like to work with numbers or money?
- Interested in supporting the finance, payroll, or accounting operations in an organization?
- Accounting jobs exist across all industries, with many pathways to advance and contribute to the field.
The Entry-Level Accounting Clerk Career Pathway prepares you for entry-level positions as Accounting or Bookkeeping Clerks.
As a Career Pathway student, you can get one-on-one support to help you access resources, services, and employment. You may also be eligible for financial support to help you with the costs of college.Get connected
Awards with a icon can be earned completely online, or you can choose a mix of online and on-campus classes.
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Career Pathway Certificate: Entry-Level Accounting Clerk||Less than 1 year|
Learn more about Business Administration and all 7 awards available »
Course listing for the 2022-2023 catalog year.
|BA 101||Introduction to Business||4|
|BA 111||Introduction to Accounting 1||3|
|BA 131||Introduction to Business Technology||4|
|BA 228||Computer Accounting Applications||3|
Students who have completed high school bookkeeping or have had work experience with full-cycle bookkeeping responsibilities should contact a business department advisor for potential substitution options.
Accounting clerk, payroll clerk, office worker, loan interviewer, and more! The average wage for accounting and bookkeeping clerks is $36,000-$40,000 per year. Entry-level wages are typically $12-$16 per hour.
Finish your degree
The Entry-Level Accounting Career Pathway leads to additional Accounting degrees and certificates. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- Who: GED and High School graduates; Placement into Writing 121, Math 60. If you do not meet all the placement recommendations, contact us for other options.
- When: Two terms, options to start fall, winter, spring, or summer term. An internship during or after course completion is strongly recommended to increase job options.