Courses are taught by leading mediation professionals. A hallmark of the training is the individualized coaching provided by a team of professional mediator colleagues. The mediation experience comes to life through a comprehensive exploration of concepts, experiential learning and vivid examples from the instructors’ wealth of practical experience. CLEs also provided.Provides a highly interactive training to become a mediator and to develop better communication skills in conflict situations. Learn to use mediation skills to help resolve conflicts in workplace, court, business or community-related disputes.
In this class you’ll learn how to:
• Structure a step-by-step mediation process
• Increase effectiveness in listening to and communicating with people in conflict
• Help people in conflict reach mutually satisfying agreements
• Enhance negotiation skills – your own and others’
• Work with strong emotions respectfully and constructively
• Develop strategies to deal with various elements of conflict
• Understand your own response to conflict
Upcoming Course Schedule
Find the CRN of your course from the class schedule. Then, register:
- Online: If this is your first time taking a class at PCC, create an account. If you are a returning student, log on to MyPCC and click “Register for classes,” found in your Term-to-Term Checklist, under “Register”.
- Phone: Call 971-722-8888, option 2.