We’re Hiring! Online Learning Peer Advocate
The PCC Online Learning Student Services team is excited to announce we are hiring for a part-time student position!
The Online Learning Peer Advocate will work with Online Learning staff and management to promote the voice of online students. This is a brand new position that will work closely with the Online Student Success team. The person in this role will be a key member of the success team and help develop the upcoming Online Student Advisory Council. The person in this role will also serve as the co-lead for the 2023-24 Online Student Advisory Council and will help recruit additional student members.
- Successfully complete at least 6 PCC credits per term employed
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or above each term
- Must be in good academic and behavioral standing currently and during the entire period of employment
- Has taken at least two online/asynchronous classes using a Learning Management System (e.g. D2L Brightspace, Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, etc.)
- Access to a computer, webcam, microphone, and reliable internet
Compensation starts at $15/hour. This is a part-time, casual position and job duties will be performed primarily remotely. The student in this role will be required to work a minimum of 5 hours/week, and may be asked to work up to 10 hours/week. Work hours will be flexible based on the student’s schedule and may vary throughout each term depending on Online Learning project needs.
For best consideration, apply by Sunday, April 16, 2023. The position will be open until filled.
If you have questions about the position or hiring process, you can email the Online Student Services Coordinator, Morgan Freking (firstname.lastname@example.org).