January 2021 Highlights
D2L Brightspace 20.21.01 updates for January 2021
This will be installed on Tuesday, January 28, 2021.
This month’s updates for D2l Brightspace Include:
- Assignments – The new Assignment creation experience | Updated
- Assignments – Multiple rubric support in consistent evaluation experience | Updated
- Brightspace Learning Environment – Supported browsers | Updated
- Course Export – Export file upload attribute for written response questions | New
Assignments – The new Assignment creation experience | Updated
Previously, in the new assignment creation experience, the time for an assignment Start Date defaulted to 11:59pm. Now, the default time for an assignment Start Date is set to 12:00am. Due Date and End Date remain unchanged with default times set to 11:59pm.
Assignments – Multiple rubric support in consistent evaluation experience | Updated
If an assignment includes multiple rubrics, they are all visible to instructors using the Consistent evaluation experience. Instructors are also able to choose the default scoring rubric. Previously, the consistent evaluation experience would only display one rubric on the assignment evaluation screen
Brightspace Learning Environment – Supported browsers | Updated
Brightspace Learning Environment’s browser version check now displays warnings for browsers earlier than the following versions:
- Google® Chrome™ 85 (released Aug 2020)
- Apple® Safari® 13 (released in September 2019)
- Mobile Apple Safari 12 (released in October 2018)
- Mozilla® Firefox® 80 (released August 2020)
- Chromium-based Microsoft® Edge 85 (released August 2020)
- All versions of Microsoft Edge Legacy (in preparation for Microsoft’s end-of-support in March 2021)
You can access Brightspace Learning Environment with older versions of our supported browsers; however, D2L does not test Brightspace Learning Environment against these older versions. This means you may encounter unexpected user interface behavior and appearance or broken and unsupported functionality. In most cases, D2L does not fix software defects experienced in unsupported browser versions. For an optimal experience that offers better performance, accessibility, and security, D2L strongly recommends that all users access Brightspace Learning Environment with a supported browser.
Course Export – Export file upload attribute for written response questions | New
Written Response quiz questions that allow for file upload can now be imported and exported from Brightspace Learning Environment. With the ability to import and export these questions users can share them with users from other instances of Brightspace.