PCC Faculty Internationalization Grants
Application deadline December 11 (last day of Finals Week)
The Internationalization Steering Committee (ISC) is happy to announce a special funding opportunity, directly from PCC!
- Available to both Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty
- Projects can be modification of course materials, new course materials, or another project that adds an internationalization component or international focus to a course. We encourage you to be creative!
- Award amounts are expected to be between $500 and $1000, depending on the complexity of the project, the potential benefit for students, and the potential for use by multiple courses or instructors.
- Previous examples of applications that were funded may be found here.
- Proposals and reports from previously funded projects may be found here.
Please complete the application* and return by Friday December 11th to:
Ron Bekey, ISC Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email the address above with any questions.
*The deadline is December 11 (last day of Finals Week). This is a great opportunity for both part-time and full-time PCC faculty!
International Speaker Series
Kalev Sepp, “The all digital government of Estonia” 11/12/20
Watch for another International speaker Winter term!
Online events: Many opportunities to stay engaged!
- World Oregon https://www.worldoregon.org/events
- University of Washington: https://jsis.washington.edu/global/events/
- East-West Center (Hawaii): https://www.eastwestcenter.org/events/east-west-center-events
- University of Hawaii: https://thinktechhawaii.com/topics/global-connections/
- UNESCO: https://en.unesco.org/
- PSU Asian Studies: https://www.pdx.edu/asian-studies/
PCC Internationalization Workshop
Last workshop was Friday November 20, 12:00-2:00 pm
Videos of the presentations will be posted here soon.
Next workshop TBA, approximately Week 7 or 8 of winter term!
Learn how to add an internationalization component to your course, and how to apply for an ISC mini-grant! There will be a workshop each term this year. Each workshop will feature two speakers who received ISC grants, talking about what they have done in their courses related to Internationalization, followed by a brainstorming session where faculty can share ideas for adding an international component to one of their courses. Funding available to the first 10 part-time instructors to register.
To register and get the Zoom link, or to apply for funding as a part-time instructor, please Complete the Registration Form .