F-1 students may begin employment on campus as long as the following criteria are met:
- student is enrolled in a full-time course load
- student has an active SEVIS form I-20 from PCC
- student has a valid, unexpired passport
- student has an I-94 card that is marked “F-1 D/S”
A student may not engage in on-campus employment if any of the following applies:
- student is not registered as a full-time student
- student has graduated and does not intend to begin a new program at PCC in the next available term
- student is on an academic leave of absence or on academic suspension
- student does not have valid documents as listed above
- Employment is limited to part-time (no more than 20 hours per week) positions during the school year; full-time (more than 20 hours per week) positions are permitted during official vacation periods
- Employment may take place at any PCC office or department, or a commercial firm located at PCC that provides direct services to students (e.g., the PCC bookstore)
If a student meets all of the above conditions, they do not need to obtain authorization from an International Student Advisor.
A student will need a Social Security number to work on campus. Please visit Applying for SSN for more information on how to get a Social Security number.
Career Services on each campus can assist students in preparing resumes and cover letters when applying for jobs. To search for a job, use PCC’s Panther Works program! Students can log in to their MyPCC account, click on the ‘Paying for College’ tab and then ‘Check the student job board’ in the ‘Need a job?’ box.