Student Checklist for Faculty-Led Programs
- Attend a First Steps Meeting or view the First Steps meetings online.
- Research your top choice program and make sure it is right for you (speak with the course instructor, connect with Education Abroad, review the location, review pre-requisites for the program).
- Contact the Financial Aid office to review Financial Aid eligibility for study abroad. Complete this google form to contact Financial Aid.
- Research and apply for scholarships. If you are Pell-Eligible, apply for the Gilman Scholarship.
- Start saving money and consider how you will pay for the program.
- Meet with someone from Academic Advising. If you are assigned an Academic Advisor at PCC, please let them know of your intentions to study abroad. If you aren’t currently assigned an Academic Advisor, please contact the Academic Advising department from your campus.
- Apply to the program by February 15, 2020.
- Apply for a passport!
- Ready to reserve your spot in the program? Pay your $500 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit by February 22.
Once your PCC Faculty-Led Application is complete, and your non-refundable deposit has been paid:
- Apply for scholarships. Continue saving money and consider how you will pay for the program.
- Disclose any medical or emotional issues you might need assistance with overseas, so we have plenty of time to get you support in place in case you need it.
- Attend a meeting with your program cohort in March.
- Complete pre-departure paperwork on the PCC Education Abroad Portal.
- Complete pre-departure paperwork for your program provider (medical forms, housing preference form, etc)
- Purchase your airfare and send the Education Abroad Office a copy of your flight itinerary.
- Attend the mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation on April 25.
- Review the packing guide and other important materials from the Education Abroad Portal.
- Register for your study abroad course according to normal summer term registration. Your instructor will give you the closed CRN for your course. For more about registration and payment steps, click here.
- Pay for your summer term bill, which will include your PCC Faculty-Led Program Fee and tuition. For more about registration and payment steps, click here.
Summer Term and Beyond!
- Copy your passport, credit card, and I.D. and keep copies separate. Have your insurance and flight information handy.
- Have a wonderful and safe adventure abroad, knowing you worked so hard to make it happen! Be sure to share photos and stories with the Education Abroad Office.
- Fill out a PCC Faculty-Led Program Evaluation
- Submit a photo for the Photo Contest
- Consider becoming a Peer Mentor.
- Attend a Lessons Abroad workshop to create connections with others who have studied abroad and explore how to best use your new skills in real life experience.