Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon Portland Community College

Reporting Options

Safety alert

If your internet activity may be monitored by an abusive person, please use caution when browsing our website. To leave this site quickly:
Leave this site

We are here to help. You are not alone.

Students who have experienced dating/intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, and harassment have options for support and reporting their experience at PCC. We recognize that reporting harm that has happened to you can be very difficult. Deciding whether or not you want to move forward with reporting can come with very specific challenges. Know that you can always connect with someone at PCC to discuss your options around reporting, what reporting might look like, and explore more deeply whether or not it is the right choice for you.

Talk with a Confidential Advocate

Not sure what you want to do? Have questions about what reporting might be like, or want to talk through reporting with someone? You can talk with a Confidential Advocate to discuss your options and decide what feels best for you.

Confidential advocates can be found in multiple confidential spaces on campus. You can choose to access any of these in order to talk through your reporting options:

Report to PCC

All members of our community, including our guests and visitors, deserve to learn and work in a fair and safe environment-and we take our responsibility to provide this space seriously. PCC is charged with investigating reported misconduct and gender-equity concerns; offering support to the people involved; and implementing measures to maximize safety. When we respect, protect and support one another, our community thrives. PCC takes reports of sexual harassment and sexual violence seriously and strives to provide support to individuals that have experienced sexual violence, stalking, and intimate partner/dating violence; with or without an investigation. Check out PCC’s Title IX specific site for additional information: Sexual Harassment and Misconduct at PCC.

PCC has two policies: Title IX (federal law) and Oregon Law, both of these policies cover experiences of sexual harassment, sexual violence, stalking and intimate partner/dating violence. Which policy applies to your experience depends on where the harm took place. If the conduct takes place on the campus or on property owned or controlled by PCC, at PCC-sponsored events, or in buildings owned or controlled by PCC’s recognized student organizations, you can refer to the Title IX Policy. If the harm occurred somewhere outside of these places specific to PCC, the Oregon state sexual harassment policy would apply.

Browse these helpful documents provided by the Sexual Assault Task Force, which outline the updated Title IX Regulations as well as the Oregon Law:

Note typical language used for roles in the Title IX Process:

  • Complainant (the legal term used for the reporting party): the person who has been impacted by the harm
  • Respondent: the person causing harm
How Do I Make a Report?

You can make a report online by visiting PCC’s Title IX site below. You can expect to hear from an investigator or a confidential advocate shortly after to discuss what support may be most helpful to you.

To find more information on PCC’s Title IX department, please visit Office of Equity and Inclusion.

Report to Law Enforcement

In Person: If you wish to report to law enforcement, you can either go into a precinct, or you can have the officer come to you wherever you feel most comfortable.

The Response Lead through the PCC Campus Outreach and Advocacy Project may be able to accompany you for support, whether you are making the report at the precinct or from campus. If you would like to connect to the Response Lead to confirm accompaniment, call or text 503-619-7041 or email hayley.hayes@pcc.edu. You can expect a response within 24 hours.

Over the Phone: If you do not want to go in person, you may also call the non-emergnecy line in your county to make a report over the phone. Call the corresponding number, stating that you would like to make a report:

  • Reporting in Multnomah County (Portland, Gresham, Lake Oswego, Maywood Park, Milwuakie, Troutdale, Wood Village): 503-823-333, select 2
  • Reporting in Washington County (Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard, Forest Grove, Banks, Cornelius, Durham, Gaston, King City, North Plains, Rivergrove, Sherwood, Tualatin, Wilsonville): 503-629-0111
  • Reporting in Clackamas County (Estacada, Sandy, Oregon City, Lake Oswego, Gladstone, Happy Valley, Milwuakie, Canby, West Linn, Molalla,): 503-655-8211