What is TRIO?
The Federal TRIO Programs (TRIO) are Federal outreach and student services programs designed to identify and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. TRIO includes eight programs targeted to serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students, and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to post-baccalaureate programs.
- Cascade TRIO Student Support Services can serve up to 140 students each year.
- Each year TRIO students are encouraged to apply for scholarships.
- In the 2015-16 school year, over $92,696 in scholarships were awarded to TRIO students.
- During 2016-17, over $89,000 in scholarships have been awarded to TRIO students, and we're still counting! This is the second year in a row that a TRIO student has received the Ford Family Foundation Scholarship.
- 31 TRIO students had GPAs placing them on an Honors List at the end of Spring 2017.
- 24 TRIO students completed the requirements to earn their Associates Degree and/or transferred to a university at the end of Spring 2017.
TRIO Works because of the collaborative work done by:
Visit their websites for more information!