Career Exploration Centers
About our Career Exploration Centers
PCC Career Exploration Centers are the place to go for help in exploring career options. Many students enter PCC undecided about their educational and career plans, while others enroll with very specific career goals. Most students, however, are somewhere between “decided” and “undecided”. No matter which group you fall into, the PCC Career Centers have resources that can help you. Here you will find career assessments, occupational information, employment outlook, information on colleges and universities,and education and training requirements. The Career Centers offer career advising, computers for occupational research, and career libraries of books and handouts. Let our staff share their expertise and guide you to resources you can use to make important decisions about your education and career.
New Career Exploration Tools for Students
FOCUS 2 is an interactive career exploration tool designed to help students assess their interests & personality, and explore occupations that are related to their personal characteristics. The specific career possibilities can then be researched more fully within the site's comprehensive database of occupational information.
Focus 2 for first-time user (the access code is "panther")
Focus 2 for returning users (enter previously created username and password)
CandidCareer offers hundreds of informational video interviews with real professionals in a wide range of fields. Gain access to career advice from industry professionals while you discover career fields and what it takes to get there. Videos include journalist, music producer, political advisor, nurse practitioner, environmental scientist, software development manager, transportation technician and hundreds more.
Services & Resources
Our services and resources are available to all students (prospective, current and alumni). No fee required!
Services and Resources include:
- Professional assistance from Career Exploration Center Coordinators
- Self-assessments to assist you in learning more about how your interests, skills and values fit within the world of work
- Career Library - A resource library of books and handouts
- Focus 2 and Oregon Career Information System (CIS), online career planning programs and databases full of useful occupational information
- Career related websites
- Scholarship Resources including handouts such as the Scholarship & Financial Aid websites list, directories of national scholarships and an online scholarship database through CIS
- Transfer resources with information about universities, majors, academic requirements, college costs, and other transfer issues. Resources include college catalogs, college directories, and online college planning programs
- Samples of resumes and cover letters offer student examples of appropriate job-search materials.
Workshops & Events
Workshops and events are offered throughout the year on a variety of topics, such as:
- Choosing a Major Workshop
- Career seminars
- Lunch with a Professional: Informational Interviewing opportunity
- Job Fair
- Transfer workshops
- Preparing for Interviews Workshop
- Career Center open houses
- Club talks
Advanced registration is required for some of the workshops, so be sure to check on details with the specific campus offering the workshop.