Frequently asked questions

Do I need to declare my degree to be a Multimedia student?

No, you do not need to declare a degree to be a multimedia student. By declaring your degree status, it will enable advisors to help you meet your goals as well as set your scheduling priority during registration. For questions, please contact

Will these classes transfer to another school?

It is up to the receiving school on what classes they are willing to accept as transfer credits or as prerequisites for their programs. You are encouraged to work with your advisor to explore their options.

Can I get a job in Multimedia?

The creative industry in Portland is very exciting. Your experience, portfolio, transcripts, and references will determine your success. We advise all students to work closely with the Campus Career Specialist to prepare a resume and get help finding the right job.

I’ve taken lots of college classes, how do I know what credits count?

Work with an academic advisor to assist you in evaluating your credits.

Is there a time limit to complete the certificate?

No, you can take classes as you need them or as time allows. Please pay attention to whether prerequisites requirements are met. If not, please contact the department or the instructor.

Are there any Multimedia classes offered at other campuses?

Most classes are offered at Cascade Campus. However many Term 1 classes have ‘Remote/ Zoom’ class offerings for flexibility as you get started.