Fire Protection Technology, Career Pathway certificate
- Do you want to become a firefighter?
- Would you excel at responding to emergencies – house fires, medical emergencies, and/or traffic accidents – on a 24-hour cycle?
- Are you interested in gaining the knowledge, skills, and ability to start a rewarding career?
The Fire Protection Technology Career Pathway is designed to prepare students with the skills and knowledge to enter the field of fire protection technology. PCC’s program is unique because it launches you into a career in a short amount of time while preparing you to meet the state and national standards for certification.
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Career Pathway Certificate: Fire Protection Technology||Less than 1 year|
Learn more about Fire Protection and all 2 awards available »
Finish your degree
The Fire Protection Technology Career Pathway Certificate leads to additional Fire Protection degrees. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
The program is for students who:
- Are high school graduates (or high school equivalency).
- Have placed into at least Math 20 and Writing 115.
- Have taken the Reading 115 prerequisite.
- Have a current HCP CPR card.
Use the cost calculator to see the estimated costs.
Course listing for the 2021-2022 catalog year.
|EMS 105||EMT Part I||6|
|EMS 106||EMT Part II||6|
|FP 101||Principles of Emergency Services||3|
|FP 111||Fire Academy Part 1||8|
|FP 112||Fire Academy Part 2||8|
|FP 123||Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations||3|